Re: Atlantian Bards? Help me please...

  • Nina Rutledge
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2008
      Here is a great yahoogroup for the middle eastern stuff- also, check out www.dorku.com for simplified practice mp3s of songs (download for a dollar or something)and- SHEET MUSIC- find someone to practice with -it'll come back.
      . "Melvana" is 14th century Turkish I've heard, and on dorku.

      I'm more of a storyteller and dancer, but I'll post it to the SCA bards group too- there are lots of bardic groups on yahoogroups- they are a way to reach many bards at once- and someone is bound to help!

      BARDS- reply to the Lady, as she is NOT on these groups!
      lady_blueshift@...
      On Jan 31, 2008, at 9:05 AM, Julie wrote:

      My name is Jehannette de Lille, and I am a denizen of the Kingdom of
      Trimaris.  I am on an eternal search for help and sources for medieval
      music.
      Here in Trimaris, we have very large bardic circles, but they love
      their filking, and I crave something else.

      I am especially interested in 14th c French, and Persian/middle eastern
      of whatever era vocal styles.  I'll take any help in any style you can
      offer.  I can also play flute, oboe, recorder, penny whistle, and am
      learning doumbek.  I'd love any resources for those things also.

      I have not been a serious musician or singer in quite some time, and
      have thus lost the ability to sight-read (although I can still read
      music).  So I am looking for recordings that I could listen to so that
      I could perform the music, in lieu of or in addition to sheet music.

      Thanks!
      Jehannette

    • S�r�
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2008
        Years ago when I left Atlantia in 1986, there was a song making the rounds called "Atlantian Blood Song."  I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a copy of the song.

        Saran