Greetings from Declan of Drogheda.

  • Darren West
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2000
      Greetings all!

      I have only recently joined the list and should introduce myself before
      posting anything...

      I am Declan of Drogheda. A resident of the Canton of Hunters Isle, in the
      Barony of Ynys Fawr, Principality of Lochac (West Kingdom, though we've voted
      to change this recently...). Mundanely this means Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.

      I have been involved in the SCA for over seven years through Politicopolis
      (Canberra, Australia) and more recently Ynys Fawr. Some of my favorite things
      to do in the SCA are singing, wayfaring and dancing. I have recently started
      singing at feasts (though I have been singing in choirs for a number of
      years) and have composed some filk in the last two years. I hope to write
      some serious songs in the near future when time and circumstances permit.

      I can juggle scarves (limit 3) and that's pretty much about it in that
      department. :)

      My persona is the son of an Irish merchant living around the year 1300AD who
      is travelling the knowne worlde in the pursuit of knowledge.

      Mundanely I'm a Public/Civil servant working in the Australian government
      and living in Hobart.

      Sounds like I'm the first Australian on the list...

      Just wondering. Is it acceptable to post filk to the list (not as an attatched
      file) for the entertainment of all?

      Declan of Drogheda.

      --
      "True beauty can't be defined using pounds and inches..."
      Darren West. Also at: d.west@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 25, 2000
        > Sounds like I'm the first Australian on the list...
        >
        > Just wondering. Is it acceptable to post filk to the list (not as an attatched
        > file) for the entertainment of all?
        >

        > Declan of Drogheda.

        Ah, not quite :) I'm an Australian, living in Las Vegas at the moment.. I've
        been over here for the past 3 years, and until the INS gets off it's loathsome
        speckled behind I'll probably remain that way for some time to come.

        Sigmund Malovich.

        -----------------------------------
        If all the world is a stage,
        Where does the audience sit?
        -----------------------------------
        siggy@...
        siggy@...
        -----------------------------------
      • Fayme Harper
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 28, 2000
          Welcome to the list. Feel free to post whatever lyrics you wish,
          keeping in mind children might see it. Your humble moderator,
          Sapphira of Alexandria

          --- In SCA_BARDS@egroups.com, Sigmund Hewett <siggy@M...> wrote:

          > > Sounds like I'm the first Australian on the list...
          > >
          > > Just wondering. Is it acceptable to post filk to the list (not as
          an attatched
          > > file) for the entertainment of all?
          > >

          > > Declan of Drogheda.
          >
          > Ah, not quite :) I'm an Australian, living in Las Vegas at the
          moment.. I've
          > been over here for the past 3 years, and until the INS gets off
          it's loathsome
          > speckled behind I'll probably remain that way for some time to come.
          >
          > Sigmund Malovich.
          >
          > -----------------------------------
          > If all the world is a stage,
          > Where does the audience sit?
          > -----------------------------------
          > siggy@M...
          > siggy@c...
        • Ivory
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30, 2000
            Welcome Declan!

            Just out of curiosity...what Kingdom will Lochac be part of now, or
            did you vote to become a Kingdom unto yourself? I have a very dear
            friend in your area. If you are as much fun to be around, you should
            be a dynamite bard.

            Ivory