Your assignment

  • Kristine Maitland
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
      In a bid to let Jim Henson rest, here's something to work with.

      I need a song for a fighter.  He is not a Knight, he is not a Peer (but he is currently fighting for his lady wife and showed well at the last Ealdormere Crown Tourney by reaching the semifinals.  He is hearty, stalwart, flirtatous (but NEVER steps over the line) and kind.  He does not identify as a Bard but he should as he has a solid singing voice and he has been teaching his two young sons the  songs of Ealdormere. And he is a handsome blonde (Matt Damon-ish but taller and wider in the chest);- his heraldic colors are red and white.

      The key element of the song should be this.  He got to the semi-finals meeting a very tough opponent (a Knight and a Royal Peer several times over).  The bout was about to start  when a loud cry could be heard from the corner of the hall where this fighter had encamped - and the fighter stopped and without a word turned to see what was happening, his body in a posture indicating that he would be ready to battle anything that would threaten his child.

      When an all clear was determined, he apologetically turned back to his opponent, who, having a child of his own laughed and said, "I understand".  The opponent won the match but it is clear who victor truly is.

      Agnese "Inez" Rusconi

      Green Pear Review | Black History: ballet, burlesque and beyond |Media clips

    • ashes_upon_waters
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
        You know, Caid publishes praise poems of the fighters and their
        consorts of the Crown Tourneys twice a year. The stalwart editor of 15
        years Phillipa is currently collecting them even as we type.
        It's something I understand which comes from the time when Caid was a
        principality of the West.
        Kind of a cool tradition, huh?

        --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, Kristine Maitland <ms_m2you@...>
        wrote:

        > I need a song for a fighter.
      • Drew
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
          The MidRealm has done this from time to time, but it never gets quite enough
          steam to last...

          --
          Qui Tacet Consentit

        • Lisa Harmon
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
            Projects like this seem to be personality and passion driven.

            Drew <drewishdrewid@...> wrote:
            The MidRealm has done this from time to time, but it never gets quite enough
            steam to last...

            Where Lions and Tigers and Bears (and more!) become your "Beary Dear Friends" for life!

            http://mail.yahoo.com