Greetings from a Semi-Newbie

  • Karen Sherwood
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 22, 2007
      Unto the Bards, Lady Ceridwen ferch Grufydd sends Greetings!
      I'm currently from the Barony of Twin Moons in the Kingdom of
      Atenveldt, but originally from Bhakail in the East (with brief
      sojourns in Ostgardr and a most interesting introduction in BMDL).
      I've been out of the SCA almost as long as I was first in (1978 -
      1992), and thanks to my daughter and husband I've been dragged back
      again. Not exactly kicking and screaming. :)

      My interests are many, but musically they primarily revolve around
      guitar. I've been playing mostly classical guitar since I started
      studying when I was 10, but most of my efforts have been directed at
      later periods. I'm gradually collecting older works and having a good
      time learning new/old styles. My daughter and I share a very talented
      teacher, weekly, who's also quite enthusiastic about medieval and
      renaissance music.

      I've also joined our local recorder group (imagine, those 4th grade
      music class lessons finally paying off!) and I'll sing bawdy folk
      songs at the drop of a hat.

      I'm looking forward to getting to know you, and to learn more about
      the music.

      In service,
      Ceridwen
    • Melissa Widmaier
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 22, 2007
        Greetings Lady Ceridwen:

        I'm Viola Howl of Brymstonne College (ASU--Tempe). It sounds like you have a lot to be proud of! I look forward to hearing you sing and play sometime. Will you be at Chocolate Revel this weekend? We'd love to hear you perform! ;p

        Viola

        P.S. Are you on the Atenveldt Bards Yahoo! list yet?

        Karen Sherwood <desertdreameraz@...> wrote:
[...]

        Spills water on Mommy and then picks up his teddy bear lovingly. "Don't worry Teddy, YOU'RE not wet."--Tristan, 9-15-07http://www.myspace.com/violahowl http://www.flickr.com/photos/violahowl

        Got a little couch potato?

      • Karen
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 22, 2007
          Thank you for the greeting, Viola! Unfortunately I have a lot of time-juggling to do this coming weekend, and I suspect Chocolate Revel won't be happening. My son (the only mundane holdout) has a Pokemon tournament, and I'll be attending a mundane metalworking workshop (with great hopes of translating techniques into period jewelry).

          I was looking for an Atenveldt list. Could you please give me the proper title so I can find it?

          Thanks and I hope to meet you sooner than later!

          Ceridwen

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 24, 2007
            Cerdiwen,
            Sure thing! The list is atenbards@yahoogroups.com. The metalworking sounds interesting. I take it you're a Jean of all trades too. I'm not in to metal (yet), but I'm dabbling in perfumes and scribal interests. Sorry to miss meeting you this weekend. There are always other events however. ;p

            See you around.
            Viola