Poem-Herne the Hunter

  • nature1
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2001

      I have been inspired by a day in Sherwood Forest.

      From the east coast of England, I bring to you the first in a series of Robyn Hood poems.

      I give you......................

      Herne The Hunter

      I am Herne the hunter and you are a leaf driven by the wind of change.

      My home is within nature; I’m from a long distant age.

      Visions of hunting is what I see,

      As I walk through the forest of the ancient trees.

      My hunting skills sharpen as I stalk the wild boar.

      That’s what I do best in the old forest lore.

      I carve my tools with my woodcraft skills.

      I meditate alone with the sternest of will.

      King Richard did favour the words that I spoke.

      As my fellow hunters made trophies carved from the oak.

      These are a few words taken from my forestry life.

      Protect yourselves wisely from troubles and strife.

      Herne protect us!

      Alwyn  http://paganpoetry.tripod.com

      Nothings forgotten, nothings ever forgotten.