Re: [SCA_BARDS] Trying to find author for a song..."awaiting the battle ravens"

  • jenny tavernier
    Message 1 of 7 , May 8, 2007
      Here's another - although I couldn't download it on dialup

      It's called "Awaiting the Battle Ravens" and it is by a band called Nazgul
      this link is from the metal observer -

      By the way - is this an sca filk? or anymore on where (personal or established - etc? music?

      I am sure getting some interesting sites with this!

      Jen

      floating in her piclebowl in the well of Mimer

      Seige Mathematics. "The right angle to approach a difficult problem is the 'try-angle'" - anon.

      softfooted insight
      when they reached with their voice
      they commanded a greater power and weaponry
      beyond any mere mortal touch

      ©2005JHT

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
    • jenny tavernier
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8, 2007
        Here's a nice little article for curiosity -

        starts with "the Morrigan - battle goddess in the singular and triple aspects - also giving other areas/races that would have this (celtic, viking, english)

        Jen

        Bella Caterina Malatesta <sister_dark_swan@...> wrote:
        Someone has asked me to track down a song for them, and I'm baffled
        since I've never heard it (though it sounds fabulous). Has anyone
        heard of a song called "Battle Ravens," and knows who wrote it? The
        lyrics were sent to me as follows:

        Message 3 of 7 , May 8, 2007
          Here is the matching site, which I found on Mercedes Lackey's site -
          direct link with author and quitar chords - et al:

          http://dreamspinner.freeservers.com/batraven.html

          Jen - picklebowl bard

          HooYah!

          Message 4 of 7 , May 8, 2007
            Here is a link to what the "HFS" and Dreamspinner's guild is - (more on)

            I think, if it is still going, you will all find it quite interesting!

            Jen

            Seige Mathematics. "The right angle to approach a difficult problem is the 'try-angle'" - anon.

            softfooted insight
            when they reached with their voice
            they commanded a greater power and weaponry
            beyond any mere mortal touch

            ©2005JHT

          • Bella Caterina Malatesta
            Message 5 of 7 , May 8, 2007
              Thanks very much, I'll pass on the information to Her Excellency.

              ~ C

              --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, jenny tavernier <lyricdancer88@...>