Re: [SCA_BARDS] Trying to find author for a song... Norse intrigues...

  • jenny tavernier
    Message 1 of 7 , May 8, 2007
      Greetings Bella and all -

      while being intrigued with Battle Ravens -
      Found this website which those of Norski paths might find intriguing - I did!

      and will keep looking

      Bella Caterina Malatesta <sister_dark_swan@...> wrote:
      Someone has asked me to track down a song for them, and I'm baffled
      since I've never heard it (though it sounds fabulous). Has anyone
      heard of a song called "Battle Ravens," and knows who wrote it? The
      lyrics were sent to me as follows:

      Seige Mathematics. "The right angle to approach a difficult problem is the 'try-angle'" - anon.

      softfooted insight
      when they reached with their voice
      they commanded a greater power and weaponry
      beyond any mere mortal touch

      ©2005JHT

      Need Mail bonding?

    • jenny tavernier
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8, 2007
        Here's another - although I couldn't download it on dialup

        It's called "Awaiting the Battle Ravens" and it is by a band called Nazgul
        this link is from the metal observer -

        By the way - is this an sca filk? or anymore on where (personal or established - etc? music?

        I am sure getting some interesting sites with this!

        Jen

        floating in her piclebowl in the well of Mimer

        Seige Mathematics. "The right angle to approach a difficult problem is the 'try-angle'" - anon.

        softfooted insight
        when they reached with their voice
        they commanded a greater power and weaponry
        beyond any mere mortal touch

        ©2005JHT

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      • jenny tavernier

          Message 4 of 7 , May 8, 2007
            Here is the matching site, which I found on Mercedes Lackey's site -
            direct link with author and quitar chords - et al:

            http://dreamspinner.freeservers.com/batraven.html

            Jen - picklebowl bard

            HooYah!

            Message 5 of 7 , May 8, 2007
              Here is a link to what the "HFS" and Dreamspinner's guild is - (more on)

              I think, if it is still going, you will all find it quite interesting!

              Jen

              Seige Mathematics. "The right angle to approach a difficult problem is the 'try-angle'" - anon.

              softfooted insight
              when they reached with their voice
              they commanded a greater power and weaponry
              beyond any mere mortal touch

              ©2005JHT

            • Bella Caterina Malatesta
              Message 6 of 7 , May 8, 2007
                Thanks very much, I'll pass on the information to Her Excellency.

                ~ C

                --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, jenny tavernier <lyricdancer88@...>