Trying to find author for a song...

  • Bella Caterina Malatesta
    Message 1 of 7 , May 7, 2007
      Someone has asked me to track down a song for them, and I'm baffled
      since I've never heard it (though it sounds fabulous). Has anyone
      heard of a song called "Battle Ravens," and knows who wrote it? The
      lyrics were sent to me as follows:

      I am one sword out of many, I am one face out of three
      The maiden, crone and mother stand united within me
      For I am women's fury and her honor and her pain
      And before this day is over all the blood shall fall like rain

      Chorus:
      Bring me thunder, bring me steel, bring me coat of iron mail
      Bring me diamond hardened will and let my courage never fail
      Bring the lightning to my sword as she's living in my hand
      And bring warning to the hordes that here the Battle Raven stands

      I am wind and rain and fire, I am venom, blood and tears
      I can raise a fury higher than the worst of mortal fears
      I am woman for the women, and the children and the home
      I will raise my cry in battle, with an army or alone

      Chorus

      When the Raven stands to battle, I will hear no pleading word
      I will grant no form of quarter, for the men raised up the sword
      For I know no rules of warring, this is not some bloody game
      This is kill or die in trying, for your foes will do the same

      Chorus

      I will sing to bring the thunder crashing down from out the sky
      And I'll sing to light the souls of all the warriors soon to die
      And I'll sing in battle bloody songs of horror and of pain
      And I'll sing my will of war, for it to never come again

      Bring me thunder, bring me steel, bring me coat of iron mail
      Bring me diamond hardened will and let my courage never fail
      Bring the lightning to my sword as she's living in my hand
      And bring warning to the hordes that here the Battle Raven stands
      And bring warning to the hordes that here the Battle Raven stands

      Thanks!

      ~ BC
    • jenny tavernier
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8, 2007
        Greetings Bella and all -

        while being intrigued with Battle Ravens -
        Found this website which those of Norski paths might find intriguing - I did!

        and will keep looking

        Bella Caterina Malatesta <sister_dark_swan@...> wrote:
        Someone has asked me to track down a song for them, and I'm baffled
        since I've never heard it (though it sounds fabulous). Has anyone
        heard of a song called "Battle Ravens," and knows who wrote it? The
        lyrics were sent to me as follows:

        Seige Mathematics. "The right angle to approach a difficult problem is the 'try-angle'" - anon.

        softfooted insight
        when they reached with their voice
        they commanded a greater power and weaponry
        beyond any mere mortal touch

        ©2005JHT

        Need Mail bonding?

      • jenny tavernier
        Message 3 of 7 , May 8, 2007
          Here's another - although I couldn't download it on dialup

          It's called "Awaiting the Battle Ravens" and it is by a band called Nazgul
          this link is from the metal observer -

          By the way - is this an sca filk? or anymore on where (personal or established - etc? music?

          I am sure getting some interesting sites with this!

          Jen

          floating in her piclebowl in the well of Mimer

          Seige Mathematics. "The right angle to approach a difficult problem is the 'try-angle'" - anon.

          softfooted insight
          when they reached with their voice
          they commanded a greater power and weaponry
          beyond any mere mortal touch

          ©2005JHT

          Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
        • jenny tavernier

            Message 5 of 7 , May 8, 2007
              Here is the matching site, which I found on Mercedes Lackey's site -
              direct link with author and quitar chords - et al:

              http://dreamspinner.freeservers.com/batraven.html

              Jen - picklebowl bard

              HooYah!

                Message 7 of 7 , May 8, 2007
                  Thanks very much, I'll pass on the information to Her Excellency.

                  ~ C

                  --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, jenny tavernier <lyricdancer88@...>