Re: [SCA_BARDS] Another doosy of a library book!!!!!!!! How Opera Grew - from 800BC on

  • Deborah Geary
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2007
      Wow!  WAY cool!  I'm looking forward to poking around in Marywood's music library sometime soon so see what I can find.  I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that book!

      Dearbhforgaill

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 17 11:09 PM
        Ah, good gentles!

        In my ever deepening such of back shelves in libraries, I came across a mention of

        le jongleur (juggler) of notre dame.  As a stage play and continual story that has been adapted and aired tv and radio, (motion picture failed to make it) - I found it mentioned as an opera by Massenet -  (based on a 12th century story by anatole ? Oops! (forgot)

        the only place I have seen it really gone into depth was:

        has anyone ever seen this or heard it?

        anyway, if not, check it out, and if so, tell me about it! (now I gotta go find a bio book of massenet - ) LOL!

        Jen - preforce writing a pickle opera - (poss 14th century)

        Seige Mathematics. "The right angle to approach a difficult problem is the 'try-angle'" - anon.

        softfooted insight
        when they reached with their voice
        they commanded a greater power and weaponry
        beyond any mere mortal touch

        ©2005JHT

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      • Kevin Brock
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 22 7:43 AM
          --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, jenny tavernier <lyricdancer88@...>
          wrote:

          > Ah, good gentles!
          >
          > In my ever deepening such of back shelves in libraries, I came
          across a mention of

          > le jongleur (juggler) of notre dame. As a stage play and
          continual story that has been adapted and aired tv and radio, (motion
          picture failed to make it) - I found it mentioned as an opera by
          Massenet - (based on a 12th century story by anatole ? Oops! (forgot)

          > the only place I have seen it really gone into depth was:
          >
          > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_jongleur_de_Notre-Dame
          >
          > has anyone ever seen this or heard it?

          Does this help?

          http://opera.stanford.edu/Massenet/Jongleur/libretto.html

          Olivier de Bayonne
          Atlantia
        • jenny tavernier
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 23 12:53 AM
            Ah Olivier!

            Yes Yes! and artistic monks to boot - someone was being a very very bardish boy!

            I can't claim being catholic or of that ilk, happy heathen that I am, but any bardic type celebrated in anything is certainly always cause for celebration!

            Many whoopee and gracious thank yous!

            Jen -riding out the late april drizzles in her pickle bowl...