Introduction of Myself and The Variety Arts Directory Project

  • Paul Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2007
      Hello.

      My name is Paul Miller and I am a full-time variety arts performer based in Raleigh, NC.  I have been a fan of juggling, balloon sculpting, magic, devil sticks, pen spinning, and the like for many years.  Over time, I have had the opportunity to discover some wonderful sites and resources that small groups of artists, performers, skill toy players, and object manipulators know about.  Every time I make a new discovery, I am always very happy.

      I have always wanted there to be a site that would list all the great things that we humans have learned to do.  I looked and looked but couldn't find such list.  So...I am in the process of putting one together.  The Variety Arts Directory is a directory for all of us.  A place where we can discover about all the great things that people are doing.  It is my belief that a healthy cross pollination of the arts will go far to expand what is happening in each individual area.  This is a work-in-progress, and suggestions and submissions are appreciated.

      So far, the directory includes:

      Juggling
      Alalato
      Yo-Yo
      Pen Spinning
      Ball Spinning
      Bilboquet
      and Balloon Twisting

      I am updating the pages weekly and hope to have the entire site complete within 3 months.

      So visit www.varietyartsdirectory.com and expose yourself to some of the wonders of our special genre of performance art!