Estrella Bardic Concerts Info

  • dancesin_moonlight
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2007
      Greetings and felicitations! Here's a press release for the Bardic
      Concerts happening at the Estrella war. Please pass this on to
      folks who might be going to Estrella, and we hope to see you there.
      Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, or if you want
      electronic copies of the flyers. I will put them on this list as
      files.

      Thank you for your time!- THL Thomas Whitehart (aka True)

      Press Release. Estrella War, Bardic Concerts Series, Sunday Evening
      Feb. 18th 2007

      The Estrella War Bardic Concert Series- Bigger and Better than ever!
      Join us Sunday night at the Grand Court Pavilion for two incredible
      concerts!

      At 7:00 p.m Sunday, we kick off the 4th Family Bardic Concert "Silly
      is as Silly Does!" featuring some of the best bards from around known
      world. This concert will feature family friendly entertainment for
      ages 5 and up, but it's not just for kids! Join us for wonderful
      line up of songs, stories, and music that will have you laughing and
      singing all the way home. This concert will end at 9:30 pm. Please
      dress warm and bring beverages, blankets and flashlights for the way
      home!

      Featuring the talents of;
      Marian of Heatherdale (Heather Dale) and Ben Deschamps
      The Whiskey Bards
      Wolgemut
      Andreas Linkshander von Rosenfeld (Eben Brooks)
      Rathflaed DuNoir (The Black Bard)
      Ivory
      Thomas Whitehart (True Thomas the Storyteller)
      Leslie Fish (The Queen of Filk)
      James Treebull the Stubborn (Jim Pipkin)
      Ilora von Neunhoff and Yonaton

      And your hosts- True Thomas and Beorn of the Northern Sea.

      Then at 10:00 p.m we have the 2nd Estrella Bawdy Concert "Filk it
      doth a Bawdy Good!" This concert is for Adults only, and no minors
      will be allowed. Raucous, "not politically correct" and so funny,
      that people are falling in the aisles. This is what happens when the
      bards are unleashed and pull out the "naughty as we wanna be"
      material! Sense of humor required, and all sacred cows will be
      promptly barbecued! This concert ends at 12:00 p.m. Sunday night.
      Please bring a beverage, blanket, and friend to share!

      Featuring such Rogues as;
      The Whiskey Bards
      Wolgemut
      Marian of Heatherdale (Heather Dale) and Ben Deschamps
      Andreas Linkshander von Rosenfeld (Eben Brooks)
      Rathflaed DuNoir (The Black Bard)
      Ivory
      Ilora von Neunhoff and Yonaton
      Thomas Whitehart (True Thomas the Storyteller)
      Leslie Fish (The Queen of Filk)
      Beorn of the Northern Sea

      Background info-------------------------------------------------------

      The History: The Bardic Concert Series, started at the Potrero war,
      back in 2001 as a campfire event. Our concerts have now grown to
      having audiences of over 400+. As of Estrella 2007, we will have had
      over 16 concerts, and had over 3,500 audience members, 60+ hours of
      entertainment, and 70 plus performers will have graced our stages.
      The original concept was created by Thomas Whitehart, Rathflaed Du
      Noir, and Master Yonaton.

      The Goal: Our goal is to provide a safe central place, where the
      maximum amount of people can see the maximum amount of talent. We
      believe that the SCA bardic arts, help keep the spirit and community
      of the SCA alive and vibrant. We do this as an addition to all the
      other great bardic events in the SCA. We try to put a wide variety of
      entertainment up, for all ages, and try keep the "friendly-campfire"
      feeling, regardless of the size of our audience. We hope to provide
      a "grace note" to the end of a great war!

      The Talent: All performers and volunteers work for free, although we
      do provide a place where artists can sell their cd's to defray costs.
      We encourage performers of all stripes to join us. We do our best to
      make our performers feel appreciated, and thank them for all they
      share. This year, we have some of the best performers coming from
      many kingdoms and distant countries, all at their own expense.

      The Volunteers: None of these concerts would be possible without the
      help of our Line Producers (Colum O'Neil in Atenveldt) and (Lord
      Magnus in Calafia), and the support of all the Kingdoms, Baronies,
      Households, and War Staffs. Our volunteer staff positions include
      producers, line producers, stage coordinators, stage hands, sound
      persons, lighting, publicity, craft services, graphic artists,
      roadies and much more. All of the space, equipment, time and energy,
      has been donated by people who love the arts, and allow us to shine.

      The Venue: This event see's us at the Grand Court Pavilion, our
      largest venue so far! We have lots of seating, and have a small sound
      system, lighting, and a "green-room" for our artists.

      Our Patrons: These Concerts are brought to you by many, including The
      Estrella War Council, Sundragon, Strongbow and The Bards of the SCA.

      For more information on these concerts, please contact;
      THL Thomas Whitehart, aka "True Thomas the Storyteller"
      805-300-0011, or truethomas(at)sbcglobal.net.

      Please forward this information to all interested parties. Feel free
      to copy this info to any E-mails, Websites, E-lists, and Blogs you
      consider relevant!
      Thank you very much!