Re: [SCA_BARDS] {sob} Google has failed me...help!

  • Stephen R. Melvin
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 17, 2006
      Never Set the Hats on Fire
      music: Frank Hayes
      Lyrics: Not sure, but it was given to me by Master Shaun O'Neal of Atenveldt

      Oh, never set the King on fire, you only will annoy him.
      And that will raise his grace's ire, so that we won't enjoy him.
      To light the prince would not be keen; likewise, the baron, duke, or queen.
      Oh, never set the hats on fire.

      Chorus:
      And mind your manners, as circumstances may require and,
      Never set the hats on fire.

      Don't call the king and queen "Hey, you!" that's not a proper address,
      And avoid buddy, sis, or dude, for in that way lies madness,
      Your Majesty, Your Excellency, Your Highness, Milord, Milady,
      Don't call the king and queen "Hey, you!"

      Chorus

      Please, do not cross the fighter's eric, unless you wish contusions,
      The fighters may not see you there amidst the duel's confusions,
      They would not wish to cause you harm, they'd feel bad if they broke your arm,
      So do not cross the fighter's eric.

      Chorus

      Please fill the minstrels' cups with beer, if you like their performance,
      That's one good way to keep them here, to entertain your audience,
      For if you're stingy with your ale, they'll go find others to regale,
      So fill the minstrels' cups with beer.

      Chorus

      Don't start an inter-kingdom war, unless of course you want to.
      If folks should ask you what it's for, it's a great fun place to jaunt to.
      We'll show those ruffians who's the boss and who cares if it's them or us,
      So start an inter-kingdom war.

      Chorus X 2

      -Rathflaed
      Rathflaed DuNoir
      The Black Bard of Meridies, MSoB
      http://www.chivalry.com/blackbard/

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 18, 2006
        Is there a recording of the tune? The words are
        marvelously funny, and I would love to have music to
        go with them.....

        Katherine

        --- "Stephen R. Melvin" <Rathflaed@...> wrote:

        > Never Set the Hats on Fire
        > music: Frank Hayes
        > Lyrics: Not sure, but it was given to me by Master
        > Shaun O'Neal of Atenveldt

        Sponsored Link

        $200,000 mortgage for $660/ mo -
        30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt -
        http://yahoo.ratemarketplace.com
      • Stephen R. Melvin
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 18, 2006

          -Rathflaed

          --- "Stephen R. Melvin" <Rathflaed@hotmail. com> wrote:

          > Never Set the Hats on Fire
          > music: Frank Hayes
          > Lyrics: Not sure, but it was given to me by Master
          > Shaun O'Neal of Atenveldt

          Sponsored Link

          $200,000 mortgage for $660/ mo -
          30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt -
          http://yahoo. ratemarketplace. com

        • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 24, 2006
            On Saturday 18 November 2006 10:10, SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com wrote:
            > Never Set the Hats on Fire
            > music: Frank Hayes
            > Lyrics: Not sure, but it was given to me by Master Shaun O'Neal of Atenveldt
            >
            > Oh, never set the King on fire, you only will annoy him.
            > And that will raise his grace's ire, so that we won't enjoy him.
            > To light the prince would not be keen; likewise, the baron, duke, or queen.
            > Oh, never set the hats on fire.

            This was "the droid I was looking for!" Thanks for posting, and sorry for
            taking so long to get back to you. It's been a busy week, and my email
            was a bit backlogged.

            Kind regards,

            Justin

            keys fesswise reversed sable.

          • Wendy Campbell
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 24, 2006
              Likewise please accept my gratitude for all who posted
              or e-mailed to let me know about the music!

              Thank you,
              Katherine

              --- Iustinos Tekton called Justin <justin@...>
              wrote:

              > > Never Set the Hats on Fire
              > > music: Frank Hayes

              > This was "the droid I was looking for!" Thanks for
              > posting, and sorry for taking so long to get back to
              you. It's been a busy week, and my email was a bit
              backlogged.

              > Kind regards,
              >
              > Justin

              http://new.mail.yahoo.com