Host-a-bard....

  • dancesin_moonlight
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2006
      Since I dragged out my Fyrecrawling 101 class, I wanted to pass on
      another innovation that Rathflaed (aka the Hat that walks like a
      Bard) and I came up with that was pretty successful. We had a
      competition called "Host-A-Bard" and the goal was to award the most
      hospitable camp at the war. We had signs made with Host-a-bard
      written on them, and attached Cyalumes. Camp's signed up for them. We
      called all the bards together beforehand, and asked them to visit
      these camps. After two days (Friday and Saturday)we all got together
      and voted for the camps we thought were the best. (It was pretty
      informal)
      Wow. At first, we thought it was not going to fly. But on Saturday,
      everyone was looking for the signs. It seemed that the HAB sites were
      getting a lot of entertainment, and the neighbors were jealous! So we
      ran out of signs. And Sat. Night, people were swiping signs from each
      other! Not only that, but a lot of bardic types came out of the
      woodwork. When I asked why, they said that with the signs, "they knew
      they would be welcome". So the entertainment went up another notch.
      On Sunday, we presented the prizes, and even more entertainment.

      So a competition based on Hospitality to Bards, was a big success.
      We've not had a chance to do it again, but feel free to take the idea
      and run with it!
      Blessings- True
    • jenny tavernier
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2006
        Hey Guys!

        Check this out! (LOL!)

        I am a landowner in Scotland - for @68.00 American! LOL!

        How Juicy and fun! So check it out, and maybe we can all travel over and fish and camp and bard! LOL!)

        From the Aten list - our own Iain who got hitched on holiday in Scotland!

        Jenneth - bard of the picklebowl

        Seige Mathematics. "The right angle to approach a difficult problem is the 'try-angle'" - anon.

        softfooted insight
        when they reached with their voice
        they commanded a greater power and weaponry
        beyond any mere mortal touch

        ©2005JHT

      • mit1369@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2006
          Was there supposed to be a link there or did yahoo strip it off (damn them)

          Uadahlrich
        • jenny tavernier
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 7, 2006

            Sorry! it was probably me laughing and in a hurry to tell the world!

            It comes to 69.98 american (paypal /credit/debitcard accepted - although you can get a printed out order form)

            they responded right quick and my deed's already on the way!

            Jenneth picklebowl bard

            mit1369@... wrote:
            Was there supposed to be a link there or did yahoo strip it off (damn them)

            Uadahlrich

            Seige Mathematics. "The right angle to approach a difficult problem is the 'try-angle'" - anon.

            softfooted insight
            when they reached with their voice
            they commanded a greater power and weaponry
            beyond any mere mortal touch

            ©2005JHT

            Sponsored Link

            For just $24.99/mo., Vonage offers unlimited local and long- distance calling. Sign up now.