Re: Greetings, and a question or two....Fyrecrawling 101

  • dancesin_moonlight
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 25, 2006
      Oh, Lord Efenwealt, it was absolutely my joy to have you show up, and
      be a part of the class. If you do come to Estrella, I would like to
      talk to you about being in the concerts, and Open Arms Bardic Hall,
      and a host of other things. Your rep and talent definetly precede you!

      Btw, it just takes a bit of legwork to secure groups. You contact
      them during the day, and see if they can spare a half hour or so.
      Explain the groundrules when you show up with your crowd. The main
      thing, is you want the households to be fairly close together, so you
      can get at least 3 or 4 camps under your belt. I have the students
      practice hailing the camp, introducing themselves, etc. as well.
      (I also do this for folks who want to go fyrecrawling and want some
      guidance. I dub them evil minions, and we go forth)

      Just FYI, Efenwealt, Rathflaed (aka the Black Bard, the guy with the
      Hat,etc.) and two other worthies showed up, just as I was teaching
      the practical class. It was a delight to have them jump in when we
      lost some momentum (because the audience comes first.)And then they
      were very nice about letting me point out things that they did, and
      asking them why they did what they did. I think the audience was
      amazed at the amount of subtle and practical things that are
      calculated before we hold forth.
    • Stephen R. Melvin
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 26, 2006
        Suggest working together with Melandra on that one.  She's down that way and usually has a pretty good handle on what's going on down there.

        -Rathflaed