Re: [SCA_BARDS] Re: Please help! Horse's Bransle tune needed

  • Greg Lindahl
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 25, 2006
      On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 05:53:03PM -0000, Emma Westbrook wrote:

      > My dear Gregory, I send you my heartfelt thanks! I was able to find
      > many different versions of the song on that site, and it was a
      > tremendous help! Wow!

      You're welcome! One nice thing about the dance community is that
      they're relatively good at making free copies of music available.
      That makes it easy to answer questions such as yours.

      -- Gregory
    • Emma Westbrook
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
        Well, we learned the tune (Thanks Gregory!) and went to Crown and
        enlisted some of our friends to help us sing it in court. By chance
        we found that the household across from us had two ladies who could
        play the recorder, and they knew the tune, so they accompanied us! It
        was very silly and fun.

        Love this game. :)

        Emma

        --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, Greg Lindahl <lindahl@...> wrote:

        > On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 05:53:03PM -0000, Emma Westbrook wrote:
        >
        > > My dear Gregory, I send you my heartfelt thanks! I was able to
        find
        > > many different versions of the song on that site, and it was a
        > > tremendous help! Wow!
        >
        > You're welcome! One nice thing about the dance community is that
        > they're relatively good at making free copies of music available.
        > That makes it easy to answer questions such as yours.
        >
        > -- Gregory

      • Emma Westbrook
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
          ...AND the ladies who knew the tune on the recorder also knew the
          dance! They taught it to about ten of us and we had an impromptu
          dance class right there in camp. Very cool. :)

          Emma

          --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, "Emma Westbrook"