Re: [SCA_BARDS] Hilla's New Song - wav Help questions on playlist(winmedia)

  • jenny tavernier
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2006
      Hi Hilla and all!

      Questions - downloading:
      (Can do midis but wavs have never worked - but tried again.
      Downloaded Hilla's song - (and yes, as a choral composer - wanted to arrange!) LOL!
      compliments my dear!

      But!
      Now that I heard it - (took FOREVER on DIAL UP! - windows 98)

      didn't know how to sav it!
      Have the windows media - but can't find a simple way to do it to save -
      it's a wav - so I want a new playlist - so ok - did new playlist called wav -
      however, can't figure out how to add - (there seems to be no simple click and add - or do I have to be in playlist to add - but it simply downloaded (at least to hear) but don't know what to do to save it

      the only other playlist I have is midi files - ny originals and arrangements - but want to add to a new sca wav file -

      Can anyone help?

      I found the add currently playing - but how do I get it to go where - (and that was after I lost it - so I have to do it again anyway)

      Jen

      Seige Mathematics. "The right angle to approach a difficult problem is the 'try-angle'" - anon.

      softfooted insight
      when they reached with their voice
      they commanded a greater power and weaponry
      beyond any mere mortal touch

      ©2005JHT

    • Hilla Hamasdohtor
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2010
        This song is dedicated to my dear friend and heart-sister Theodhild, and to Master Cerian Cantwr, and also to Dahrien Cordell. Thanks for the... ah... inspiration. :-)

        --Hilla Hamasdohtor

        Coconuts from Space

        Here they come flying through the sky,
        Here they come like big hairy rocks!
        They don't sing, they don't chirp, they don't even make a sound,
        Oh beware, they're soon forming flocks!

        Coconuts, coconuts from space!
        Coconuts, coconuts from space!

        Oh beware, their milk is not sweet!
        Oh beware, meat is their repast.
        They eat cat, they eat dog, but it's people they like best,
        Run away, you'd better be fast!

        Coconuts, coconuts from space!
        Coconuts, coconuts from space!

        Run away, and lock all your doors!
        Run away, find a place to hide!
        Now don't open your cabinets, don't open your drawers,
        It's too late, you'll find them inside!

        Coconuts, coconuts from space!
        Coconuts, coconuts from space!

        It's too late, now feel their sharp teeth!
        It's too late, and now you must die!
        It's the end of the human race, they take their revenge!
        Just desserts: coconut cream pie!

        Coconuts, coconuts from space!
        Coconuts, coconuts from space!

      • wuuga
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2010
          just reading thew words, I'm both salivating and afraid at the same time to learn the tune to this. ;-) Maybe it's the pie though...

          Driscoll

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 3, 2010
            Well, here is the link to the song as sung. As far as the tune goes, I'll be honest here. I believe that it is a Hilla original, based off the music of a song I was working on a couple years back and never managed to get out of my head. It's definitely a tune that my brain has been kicking about for a while. I'm thinking that is why it is so familiar to me. However, as a caveat, it could be familiar because someone else's once-or-twice-heard song got stuck unwittingly in my subconscious, got mauled, and resurfaced as this little ditty. If anyone can lay claim to this little ditty, drop me a line, and I'll either give credit or come up with a new tune. However, as far as my knowledge stands now, a Hilla original tune, link below. Please do enjoy. Singable with blame where blame is due. However, if you do sing this, I am NOT responsible for any adverse weather that may occur in your vicinity. :-)

            http://www.wild-onions.org/uploads/CoconutsFromSpace.mp3

            Yours in service, if spreading this song can be considered a "service",
            Hilla

            wuuga wrote:

            just reading thew words, I'm both salivating and afraid at the same time to learn the tune to this. ;-) Maybe it's the pie though...

            Driscoll

            --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogrou ps.com, Hilla Hamasdohtor <hilla@...> wrote:

            > This song is dedicated to my dear friend and heart-sister Theodhild, and
            > to Master Cerian Cantwr, and also to Dahrien Cordell. Thanks for the...
            > ah... inspiration. :-)
            >
            > --Hilla Hamasdohtor
            >
            > _*Coconuts from Space*_
            >
            > Here they come flying through the sky,
            > Here they come like big hairy rocks!
            > They don't sing, they don't chirp, they don't even make a sound,
            > Oh beware, they're soon forming flocks!
            >
            > Coconuts, coconuts from space!
            > Coconuts, coconuts from space!
            >
            > Oh beware, their milk is not sweet!
            > Oh beware, meat is their repast.
            > They eat cat, they eat dog, but it's people they like best,
            > Run away, you'd better be fast!
            >
            > Coconuts, coconuts from space!
            > Coconuts, coconuts from space!
            >
            > Run away, and lock all your doors!
            > Run away, find a place to hide!
            > Now don't open your cabinets, don't open your drawers,
            > It's too late, you'll find them inside!
            >
            > Coconuts, coconuts from space!
            > Coconuts, coconuts from space!
            >
            > It's too late, now feel their sharp teeth!
            > It's too late, and now you must die!
            > It's the end of the human race, they take their revenge!
            > Just desserts: coconut cream pie!
            >
            > Coconuts, coconuts from space!
            > Coconuts, coconuts from space!

          • Frederick J. Hollander
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 3, 2010
              Flieg here --

              The tune sounds familiar to me, too, especially the chorus. Not
              familiar enough to identify, but familiar.

              On the other hand, there are only so many notes, and the style of this
              one will make it sound very similar to a lot of things that SCA bards
              sing. It does seem more like the kind of song that would be found at
              and SF convention filksing than an SCA bardic circle to me.

              Definitely questionable on the "service" aspect.

              --F.

              --
              & & & Frederick of Holland, MSCA, OL, OP. etc.
              ++ +++ ++ Flieg Hollander, flieg@...