Re: [SCA_BARDS] Chapbook Number 2
- My security setting strips attatchments so I never see them. If the info is
included in the email, I will get it....... otherwise............
Subject: RE: [SCA_BARDS] Chapbook Number 2
>Would you kindly not send attachments over the list? Thank you.
- I just checked the lists I moderate and found that there is a setting that
must be chosen to strip attatchments from a list. Do not count on your list
stripping attatchments unless you are aware that your moderator of that list
has made that choice for the list.
Subject: [SCA_BARDS] Attachments
Ladies and gentlemen of the list,
Yahoogroups routinely strips attachments from messages posted to
groups, to prevent the risk of viruses being transmitted to group
members. It's very frustrating to read a message that promises
something interesting, only to find that the interesting bit isn't there.
If you have something to share you can:
1. Cut and paste the text into the body of your message.
2. Furnish a URL to an internet site with the information you wanted
3. Put the URL up on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA_BARDS/links so
it's there for future reference.
3. Upload a file up on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA_BARDS/files/
so it's there for future reference.
If this had been a real test of the Emergency Broadcast System you
would have heard a loud and annoying
We now return you to your regular programming.
Jehanne de Wodeford
- --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Boda d'Aylward" <bradb@...> wrote:
> I just checked the lists I moderate and found that there is a
> must be chosen to strip attatchments from a list. Do not count onyour list
> stripping attatchments unless you are aware that your moderator ofthat list
> has made that choice for the list.Given that there's a rather annoying and nasty worm making the rounds
- if you get anything about a "graphics site" in the subject line, do
not open it - the stripped attachments setting is worth it.
Jehanne de Wodeford