Re: [SCA_BARDS] Chapbook Number 2

  • Brad Boda d'Aylward
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 10, 2006
      My security setting strips attatchments so I never see them. If the info is
      included in the email, I will get it....... otherwise............

      Brad

      Subject: RE: [SCA_BARDS] Chapbook Number 2

      >Would you kindly not send attachments over the list? Thank you.
      >
      >Kazi

    • Brad Boda d'Aylward
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 11, 2006
        I just checked the lists I moderate and found that there is a setting that
        must be chosen to strip attatchments from a list. Do not count on your list
        stripping attatchments unless you are aware that your moderator of that list
        has made that choice for the list.

        Brad

        Subject: [SCA_BARDS] Attachments

        Ladies and gentlemen of the list,

        Yahoogroups routinely strips attachments from messages posted to
        groups, to prevent the risk of viruses being transmitted to group
        members. It's very frustrating to read a message that promises
        something interesting, only to find that the interesting bit isn't there.

        If you have something to share you can:

        1. Cut and paste the text into the body of your message.
        2. Furnish a URL to an internet site with the information you wanted
        to post.
        it's there for future reference.
        so it's there for future reference.

        If this had been a real test of the Emergency Broadcast System you
        would have heard a loud and annoying
        BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
        EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.....

        We now return you to your regular programming.

        Jehanne de Wodeford
        West
      • wodeford
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 13, 2006
          --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Boda d'Aylward" <bradb@...> wrote:

          > I just checked the lists I moderate and found that there is a
          setting that
          > must be chosen to strip attatchments from a list. Do not count on
          your list
          > stripping attatchments unless you are aware that your moderator of
          that list
          > has made that choice for the list.

          Given that there's a rather annoying and nasty worm making the rounds
          - if you get anything about a "graphics site" in the subject line, do
          not open it - the stripped attachments setting is worth it.

          Jehanne de Wodeford