Re: [SCA_BARDS] looking for motley fabric & period song resources

  • Kristine Karol
    Message 1 of 7 , May 8, 2006
      I have a book called Shakespeare's Songbook. It lists song references in Shakespeare's plays, and includes the lyrics and music as best as could be determined. The author uses only lyrics and tunes that were in existance during the time Shakespeare lived, and the book has a large index that cites the primary sources he used for each and every song in the book.

      Also included with the book is a CD of people singing about half of the songs in the book. The songs not in the CD are located on a website here: http://www.wwnorton.com/nto/noa/audio_shakespeare.htm Please note though, the songs on the CD and on the website do not contain all the verses in every case. They only contain enough to give you the tune, you then go from there. The book however, contains all the known verses for all the songs.

      I really love this book.

      ~Emmeline Dernelove

      On 5/7/06, eleanor_cleavely <eleanor_cleavely@...> wrote:
      Hey everyone!!!

      I am in search of online resources who sell motley fabric, either
      diamond-shaped or the "new motley", which I was told was in the block
      style.

      I am also looking for period Elizabethan or Tudor song resources,
      either online (top choice due to midi or .wav availability) or hard
      copy. Any bards out there specialize in late period English music? I
      am hoping to have a few things ready by June or July for our Kingdom
      A&S that is in August.

      Any ideas?

      Thanks!
      Eleanor Cleavely
      Bard of Sun Dragon
      Barony of Sun Dragon
      Kingdom of Atenveldt

      Everything you need is oneclick away. Make Yahoo! your home pagenow.
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/PJ_qlB/TM

      Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/