Poetry to share

  • tommie stovall prentiss
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2006
      Lone and Joyless
      Tommie Louise Stovall

      I am lone and joyless for my heart has died.
      It went with my knight when to war he did ride.
      He did charge the field with his sword held high and
      while rallying his warriors was struck down to die.
      He fell on the battlefield in the soft ground to lie.
      Now see me here alone a widow am I.

      His warriors rode home with the story of his fall.
      Black banners drape parapit and wall.
      My tears and cries echo through castle halls and now no
      more will he hear this maidens voice to him call.

      See now I go to stand at his grave.
      This bloodied ground and home of brave.
      Remember his name, deeds, love, and caress
      For now shall I return to the castle and remain forever lone and
      joyless.
    • Ellen Griffith
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10, 2006
        Well put together, and lovely.
        Thanks for sharing
        Ellen

        On 4/10/06, tommie stovall prentiss <katitcha1@...> wrote:
        > Lone and Joyless
        > Tommie Louise Stovall

      • Lisa Harmon
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 10, 2006
          Nice- reminds me of an out of period song in a way- " Broken hearted I wander; broken hearted I remain for my bonny lighthorseman in the wars he was slain"
          You must be from the South.

           alais

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 11, 2006
            How did you know, but I am not familiar with the one you mentioned.

            Lady Katitcha

            --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Harmon <asilnomrah@...> wrote:

            > Nice- reminds me of an out of period song in a way- " Broken
            hearted I wander; broken hearted I remain for my bonny lighthorseman
            in the wars he was slain"
            > You must be from the South.
            >
            > alais
            >
            > tommie stovall prentiss <katitcha1@...> wrote:
            > Lone and Joyless
            > Tommie Louise Stovall

            > Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for
            just 2¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

          • Lisa Harmon
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 11, 2006
              Your name. My Mom is a Billie Kin. Only in the South.

              Bonny Light Horseman is the title I know that by- from the Napoleanic Wars. It's been a while, but I think the characters referred to are from Scotland.

              alais