Press Release, Potrero War, Memorial day weekend, (Near San Diego, CA.)

  • dancesin_moonlight
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2006
      Greetings good gentles! If you would, could you pass this on to folks
      who might be interested? Thanks! I will also put the flyers up on
      this site, in B+W and in color.

      Press Release. Potrero War, Bardic Concerts, Memorial Day Weekend.
      04/03/026, res.

      Greetings folks, here's some information on the Potrero Concerts,
      Memorial Day weekend!

      The spring Potrero War, Memorial Day weekend (2006),
      Sunday, May 28thth, 2006. 7:30 PM till 9:30 PM
      Open Ramada, Merchant Central
      "Music, Magic & Mayhem" The Sixth Potrero Family Bardic Concert has
      an incredible line up this year, including;

      The Black Bard (Rathflaed Du Noir),
      The Whiskey Bards,
      Ilora & Master Yonaton,
      Alys Chauntrey,
      Andreas Linkshander von Rosenfeld (aka Eben Brooks)
      Denenwulf & Belasset,
      Domnhall & Beathog,
      Cliar Cu Buidhe,
      Beorn of Northern Sea,
      Rochl Sternenkiker,
      The Dervishes,
      Thomas Whitehart aka "True Thomas the Storyteller",
      and special guest stars, including you!.

      This concert is good for ages 5, and up!
      Bring a blanket and beverage to share, and flashlight for the way
      home.
      *The family concert will start at the stone tables if necessary. We
      start with content for the younger members, and work our way up as we
      go.

      At 10:00pm, till 12:00 PM Sunday night, at the May Potrero War 2006
      "Random Bawdy Parts" The 3rd Naughty as We Wanna-Be Bawdy concert
      begins! This concert will include mature content, and people under
      18 will be asked to leave. Sense of Humor Required. Not politically
      correct. Join us as we grill sacred cows, and as some of the best
      bards of the SCA bring out the fun stuff! The show will be in the
      Open Ramada, in Merchant Central. Please dress warm, bring a blanket,
      beverage, and friend to share!

      Featuring the Enormous Talents of;
      The Whiskey Bards, Andreas Linkshander Von Rosenfeld (Eben Brooks)
      The Black Bard, Ilora & Yonaton, The Dervishes, Beorn of Northern
      Sea, Eilidh Swann, Cliar Cu Buidhe, and Special Guests who really
      should know better! Your host will be "True Thomas the Storyteller,
      aka "The Chuck Barris of the SCA!"

      For more information on these concerts, please contact;
      Lord Thomas Whitehart, aka "True Thomas the Storyteller"
      805-300-0011, or truethomas(at)sbcglobal.net.

      Additional Information:

      The Bardic "Showcase" Concerts were created by a hardworking group of
      volunteers, many of whom happen to be performers themselves!

      The History: Started at the Potrero war, back in 2001 as a campfire
      event, our concerts have grown to have audiences of over 300+. As of
      Potrero 2006, we will have had over 14 concerts, and had over 2,500
      audience members, 40+ hours of entertainment, and 50 plus performers
      have graced our stages. We now have concerts at the Estrella war and
      Spring Potrero War. The original concept was created by Thomas
      Whitehart, Rathflaed Du Noir, and Master Yonaton.

      The Goal: Our goal is to provide a safe central place, where the
      maximum amount of people can see the maximum amount of talent. We
      believe that the SCA bardic arts, help keep the spirit and community
      of the SCA alive and vibrant. We try to put a wide variety of
      entertainment up, for all ages, and try keep the "friendly-campfire"
      feeling, regardless of the size of our audience.

      The Talent: All performers and volunteers work for free, although we
      do provide a place where artists can sell their cd's to defray costs.
      We encourage performers of all stripes to join us. We do our best to
      make our performers feel appreciated, and thank them for all they
      share. We have had performers come from all over the Known Kingdom,
      and some of the best and brightest have wowed our audiences!

      The Volunteers: None of these concerts would be possible without the
      help of our Line Producers (Colum O'Neil in Aten) and (Lord Magnus
      Bjaranson in Calafia), and the support of the Kingdoms, Baronies,
      Households, and War Staffs. Our volunteer staff positions include
      producers, line producers, stage coordinators, stage hands, sound
      persons, lighting, publicity, craft services, graphic artists,
      roadies and much more. All of the space, equipment, time and energy,
      has been donated by people who love the arts, and allow us to shine.

      The Venue: Currently, we've had our concerts in the big tents at
      Estrella, and the Open Ramada at Potrero. We have seating, and have a
      small sound system, lighting, and a "green-room" or green table for
      our artists. Our concerts happen on Sundays, to add a "grace-note" to
      the war. We try to have a safe and friendly environment.

      The Shows: Our family shows start with material for the younger
      folks, and then open into more general material. Since these are
      showcases, we try to keep the tempo fairly high-energy, and do a mix
      of fun, period and SCA Modern material. The bawdy shows are
      irreverent, a-political, and risqué. A chance for the SCA audience
      to "let their collective hair down"

      The Future: We are pleased to announce that we have joined forces
      with "Open Arms Bardic"and are helping Lady Belasset and Lord
      Denenwulf, to keep day stages open where various performers and
      groups can have ½ hour shows during the war. At Estrella, the Open
      Arms Bardic stages were very well received. We are also working on
      the "Bardic Central" concept where performers can leave notes, pick
      up info, stow gear, and get refreshed. We will have a "Bardic
      Bulletin Board System" where performers and the folks who want them
      can coordinate with each other at wars and events.

      It is our hope that we will encourage even more arts and
      entertainment at SCA events.

      For more information, please feel free to contact;

      For more information on these concerts, please contact;
      Thomas Whitehart, aka "True Thomas the Storyteller"
      805-300-0011, or truethomas(at)sbcglobal.net.

      For more information on Open Arms Bardic Hall, please contact;
      Belasset de Casal Drago
      email: tuqute(at)pacbell.net
      phone (leave message): 760-740-1382