Newest poem

  • sunshinegirl
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2001
      Found myself writing poetry during naptime at the preschool I work at today,
      so I thought I'd share...

      His kisses, burned like fire into my mind,
      My heart, pierced through by Cupid's famous shaft;
      Oh Love, I beg you, do not act unkind,
      This I implore.
      To have me love, and he, so far from reach,
      Forevermore.

      His gaze meets mine, and all my insides melt.
      The heat of passion rises to the fore.
      This touch of madness, he has also felt -
      I do implore.
      His glance may open up an earthly heav'n
      Forevermore.

      Oh take from me this love that haunts me still,
      for I am frail, and know my flesh is weak,
      And fear, lest heaven's gate should lead to hell --
      yet I implore
      that God watch always over him, my love,
      forevermore.

      Monday, March 5, 2001
      Melandra of the Woods