RE: [SCA_BARDS] Sheet Music

  • Lisa (Alais)
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 18, 2005
      No such luck, but I see now where SM Sterling got some of his character's names.

      sough. it was supposed to be for the Angels thing this weekend which the hub won't go since it is archery. He says to me, why you wnat to go? he says.
      ANd I say to him " well, there's this bardic thing..."
      ANd he says "Ooooohhh! I see now. Not interested."

      sough. sough. sough again.

      You know what event I'm talking about, mssr Denewolf, I think.

      alais

      Blueman Don <blueman_don@...> wrote:

      I'd say just try googling for "The White Company".  If you have the exact title it would work best.

      Denenwulf

    • Tessa Nieto
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 20, 2005
        Hey y'all!

        Just a quick question: Anyone know who wrote "Just one
        time"? It's the one that goes "for just one time, I
        would fight for ansteorra, I would give my heart in
        battle, to my homeland and my king..."

        Any help would be most appreciated.

        Ever in service with a song and a smile,
        Lady Eleanor Cleavely
        Apprentioce
        Bard
        Barony of Sun Dragon
        Kingdom of Atenveldt

        Never annoy a bard, for their memories are long, and your name scans to "Greensleeves". ~ Fiana of Clare

        Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

        __________________________________
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Jason White
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 20, 2005
          I heard a lovely young girl sing this at an event just
          a scant few weeks ago. I could very well be mistaken,
          but I thought she said it was Darius of the Bells.

          Hope this is helpful

          Jason Blackwolfe
          Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra

          --- Tessa Nieto <eleanor_cleavely@...> wrote:

          > Hey y'all!
          >
          > Just a quick question: Anyone know who wrote "Just
          > one
          > time"? It's the one that goes "for just one time, I
          > would fight for ansteorra, I would give my heart in
          > battle, to my homeland and my king..."
          >
          > Any help would be most appreciated.
          >
          > Ever in service with a song and a smile,
          > Lady Eleanor Cleavely
          > Apprentioce
          > Bard
          > Barony of Sun Dragon
          > Kingdom of Atenveldt
          >
          > Never annoy a bard, for their memories are long, and
          > your name scans to "Greensleeves". ~ Fiana of Clare
          >
          > Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved
          >

          > __________________________________
          >
          > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

          __________________________________
          http://farechase.yahoo.com
        • Tessa Nieto
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 20, 2005
            Oddly enough, when I asked my laurel tonight who wrote
            it, he said "why, it was me, of course!"

            Silly apprentice! :o)

            Thank you very much for answering my question, though!

            Ever in service with a song and a smile,
            Lady Eleanor Cleavely
            Apprentice to Master Darius of the Bells
            Barony of Sun Dragon
            Kingdom of Atenveldt

            --- Jason White <jasonwht327@...> wrote:

            > I heard a lovely young girl sing this at an event
            > just
            > a scant few weeks ago. I could very well be
            > mistaken,
            > but I thought she said it was Darius of the Bells.
            >
            > Hope this is helpful
            >
            > Jason Blackwolfe
            > Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra
            >
            > --- Tessa Nieto <eleanor_cleavely@...> wrote:
            >

            > > Hey y'all!
            > >
            > > Just a quick question: Anyone know who wrote "Just
            > > one
            > > time"? It's the one that goes "for just one time,
            > > would fight for ansteorra, I would give my heart
            > in
            > > battle, to my homeland and my king..."
            > >
            > > Any help would be most appreciated.
            > >
            > > Ever in service with a song and a smile,
            > > Lady Eleanor Cleavely
            > > Apprentioce
            > > Bard
            > > Barony of Sun Dragon
            > > Kingdom of Atenveldt
            > >
            > > Never annoy a bard, for their memories are long,
            > and
            > > your name scans to "Greensleeves". ~ Fiana of
            > Clare
            > >
            > > Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved
            > >

            > > __________________________________
            > > Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home
            > page!
            > >
            > > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            > >

            > __________________________________
            > Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in
            > one click.
            > http://farechase.yahoo.com

            Never annoy a bard, for their memories are long, and your name scans to "Greensleeves". ~ Fiana of Clare

            Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

            __________________________________
            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • tim jennings
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 21, 2005
              It's a filk to 'Northwest Passage' by Stan Rogers. Darius did a nice job
              on it

              (My own Lady Eleanor sang it to me once when I was asking about
              Ansteorran war songs - it sits in my 'favourite filk' list - at least
              partially because the original is so good)

              TTFN

              Tim/Garraed

              Tim Jennings, Managing Director
              Roseneath Theatre
              +1 519 787 2399
              www.roseneath.ca

              > --- Tessa Nieto <eleanor_cleavely@...> wrote:
              >

              > > Hey y'all!
              > >
              > > Just a quick question: Anyone know who wrote "Just
              > > one
              > > time"? It's the one that goes "for just one time,
              > > would fight for ansteorra, I would give my heart
              > in
              > > battle, to my homeland and my king..."
              > >
              > > Any help would be most appreciated.
              > >
              > > Ever in service with a song and a smile,
              > > Lady Eleanor Cleavely
              > > Apprentioce
              > > Bard
              > > Barony of Sun Dragon
              > > Kingdom of Atenveldt
              > >
              > > Never annoy a bard, for their memories are long,
              > and
              > > your name scans to "Greensleeves". ~ Fiana of
              > Clare
              > >
              > > Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved
              > >

              > > __________________________________
              > > Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home
              > page!
              > >
              > > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              > >

              > __________________________________
              > Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in
              > one click.
              > http://farechase.yahoo.com

              Never annoy a bard, for their memories are long, and your name scans to
              "Greensleeves". ~ Fiana of Clare

              Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

              __________________________________
              http://mail.yahoo.com

              Subscribe: SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Marcus Antaya
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 21, 2005
                Anyone willing to pass the words along? I've been
                working on one to the same tune, and need to know
                whether to give up or not...(depending on the level of
                genius involved. If it's just absolute genius or Wile
                E. Coyote, Super Genius stuff...grin)

                Gyric

                --- tim jennings <tim@...> wrote:

                ---------------------------------
                It's a filk to 'Northwest Passage' by Stan Rogers.
                Darius did a nice job
                on it

                (My own Lady Eleanor sang it to me once when I was
                asking about
                Ansteorran war songs - it sits in my 'favourite filk'
                list - at least
                partially because the original is so good)

                TTFN

                Tim/Garraed

                Tim Jennings, Managing Director
                Roseneath Theatre
                +1 519 787 2399
                www.roseneath.ca

                > --- Tessa Nieto <eleanor_cleavely@...> wrote:
                >

                > > Hey y'all!
                > >
                > > Just a quick question: Anyone know who wrote "Just
                > > one
                > > time"? It's the one that goes "for just one time,
                > > would fight for ansteorra, I would give my heart
                > in
                > > battle, to my homeland and my king..."
                > >
                > > Any help would be most appreciated.
                > >
                > > Ever in service with a song and a smile,
                > > Lady Eleanor Cleavely
                > > Apprentioce
                > > Bard
                > > Barony of Sun Dragon
                > > Kingdom of Atenveldt
                > >
                > > Never annoy a bard, for their memories are long,
                > and
                > > your name scans to "Greensleeves". ~ Fiana of
                > Clare
                > >
                > > Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved
                > >

                > > __________________________________
                > > Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home
                > page!
                > >
                > > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                > >

                > __________________________________
                > Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in
                > one click.
                > http://farechase.yahoo.com

                Never annoy a bard, for their memories are long, and
                your name scans to
                "Greensleeves". ~ Fiana of Clare

                Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

                http://mail.yahoo.com

                Subscribe: SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                Subscribe: SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com

                Terms of Service.

                Lord Gyric of Otershaghe
                Troubadour, Entertainer and generally all-around nice guy