Fw: New song - Stand, Gleann Abhann

  • mlaf
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5 8:36 PM
      This song was inspired by the reactions of the members of Gleann Abhann to
      Katrina, and by the words of Radu and Broinnfinn, Lord and Lady Heir of
      Gleann Abhann

      Stand, Gleann Abhann
      Written at MSKD, Sept. 4, 2005
      THL Melandra of the Woods
      Lady Arianna Steffia d'Oeste

      Stand, Gleann Abhann, Stand, Gleann Abhann
      We might be bloody, but we're not bowed down.
      Stand, Gleann Abhann, Stand, Gleann Abhann
      Stand and take your kingdom's ground.

      The winds they may blow and the ocean will roar
      And wash our land to the sea.
      But Gleann Abhann will stand On the rubble in our land
      With a vict'ry that everyone sees.

      Stand, Gleann Abhann, Stand, Gleann Abhann
      We might be bloody, but we're not bowed down.
      Stand, Gleann Abhann, Stand, Gleann Abhann
      Stand and take your kingdom's ground.

      Tho war may beset us and famine may hunger us,
      tho Plague may sicken us, we shall not die.
      We'll stand, ever ready, to defend against our foes
      and friends will know that help is nigh.

      Stand, Gleann Abhann, Stand, Gleann Abhann
      We might be bloody, but we're not bowed down.
      Stand, Gleann Abhann, Stand, Gleann Abhann
      Stand and take your kingdom's ground.

      Barefoot in our shifts, with our roof the open sky,
      Proudly we are standing straight and tall.
      We shall not be undone, for our time has finally come
      Our final truth is "Honour above all"