Chateau Teafort Foundation to take Direct Donations for Hurricane Relief

  • Drew
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
      Press release:

      Indianapolis, Indiana:

      The Chateau Teafort Foundation, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to
      aiding members of the SCA who are victims of natural disasters, announced
      today that in addition to donating all profits from the Chateau Teafort
      Trio's debut album, "Whipporwhill", the Foundation is also now officially
      accepting direct cash donations.

      The Chateau Teafort Foundation, which was created in late August, 2005, has
      already sold over 220 cds, raising over $3000 dollars in orders to be
      donated to the cause. It is only one of a myriad of efforts by SCA members
      across the country and the world to give assistance to the people of Gleann
      Abhann, which was heavily damaged by the recent hurricane that hit New
      Orleans and much of the surrounding area.

      "It is heartwarming to see so much support for our friends and family in the
      gulf coast pouring out so quickly," said George Reed, Chairman of the
      Foundation.

      This new development means that if someone doesn't wish to purchase a
      Chateau Teafort album, they can donate 100% of their contribution through
      the Chateau Teafort Foundation.

      The Chateau Teafort Trio (George L. Reed (faheud), Purple Nicholson
      (Purple), and Kathryn Kibellus (Valencia)..) will continue to donate all
      profits from their debut album to assist SCA participants suffering damages
      as a result of Hurricane Katrina in the Gulf Coasts of Louisiana,
      Mississipi, and Alabama.

      The Album is Whippoorwill, by the Chateau Teafort Trio. a 2 cd set for
      $15.00 plus $2.00 P&H....for orders of more than 3 cd's maximum shipping
      cost is $6.00

      To order a CD or simply donate to the Foundation, make checks payable to
      George L. Reed and mail them to
      Chateau Teafort Foundation
      3617 Sommersworth Lane
      Indianapolis, IN 46228

      For more information, see http://www.fanucci.org/aid.html
    • KaziBrionSCA
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2005
        Greetings,
        forwarded with permission. The National Storytelling Network has it's own relief effort, if you tell stories mundanely and for money, even you are not a NSN member, you may receive some help.
        Kazi