Balls to yer Partner

  • Marcus Antaya
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 22, 2005
      Hey everyone.

      When I held my Bawd-ic circle at war, someone came up
      with Balls to yer Partner. I'm trying to get the tune
      for the verses, as I just found like a couple of
      hundred. Also, I am given to understand that there are
      some SCA/Pennsic lyrics floating around out there. If
      anyone has them, could they forward them on to me? I'd
      truly appreciate it.

      Thanks

      Gyric

      Lord Gyric of Otershaghe
      Troubadour, Entertainer and generally all-around nice guy

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Paul DeLisle
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 22, 2005
        The original title is "The Ball of (o') Ballinour". I can't help you with
        the music (i could sing it, but that really wouldn't help you, now would it?
        *G*);
        but here's all the verses I have (and may Ghod have mercy on your soul...):

        In (dis)Service, I remain
        Alden Pharamond
        Tir Medoin, Ansteorra

        THE BALL OF BALLINOUR

        Oh, the Ball; The Ball o' Ballinour
        What you're wife and my wife Were doin' on the floor (Singin')

        CHORUS:
        Balls to your partner, Arse against the wall.
        If you cannot get ---- on a Saturday night,
        ("laid", or any other good word...)
        Ye canna get ---- at all!

        It started out so simple like: each lad and lassie mated
        But pretty soon the doin's got so bloody complicated!

        Four and twenty virgins came down from Cuinimore
        Only two got back again, and they were double bore!

        Four and twenty virgins Came down from Inverness,
        And when the ball was over There were four and twenty less.

        The village pervert he was there, scratchin' at his crotch
        But no one minded him at all, he was only there to watch!

        The village carpenter he was there, with his prick of wood
        He made it when he lost his own, and it worked just as good!

        Several lusty wenches gathered round the door
        And tripped the men as they came tru, but beat 'em to the floor!

        The village druggist he was there, grinnin' like a fox
        He'd sold out of condoms, so he sold 'em dirty socks!

        The tailor was a busy man; his work went to his head
        Sewing up the stretched out cunts with miles and miles of thread!

        The Queen, she had a chicken, the King he had a duck,
        So they put them on the table to see if they would fight!

        The cows were wearin' bridles, the horses wearin' bits
        The Queen she wore two harness rings thru the nipples of her tits!

        Bunny Foo foo he was there, hoppin' thru the wood,
        Boppin' the Good Fairy like a horny rabbit should!

        (insert name) was also there, (s)he was a sight to see,
        They bent him (her) o'er the table, and the rest was Greek to me!

        Anne Bolyn was also there, even tho she's dead,
        She's terrific on her back, me boys, but better giving head!

        The village baker he was there, and looking pretty mean;
        A shouting that the girls were tarts, and pumping them full of cream!
        The village blacksmith he was there, his balls were made of brass,
        And every time he laid a girl the sparks flew out his ass!

        The village hooker she was there, a lying on the floor,
        And every time she ope'd her legs, the suction closed the door!

        (Insert name), she was there, a lady quite perverse;
        She'd worn out all the peckers so she went from bed to wurst!

        I saw a Musketeer there, a-practicin' his craft
        Getting off a round every minute and a half!

        "What the hell's a 'sporran'?" the lassie loudly begged;
        She was answered: "It's the hairy thing between a Scotsman's legs!"

        There was doin' in the kitchen, And doin' it on the stones.
        Ye couldna' hear the music For the wheezin' and the groans.

        First they did it simple, Then they tried it He's an' She's
        But when the Ball was over, They were doin' fives and threes

        Mrs. John, the Preacher's wife Was quite amazed to see
        Four and twenty Maidenheads A-hangin' on the tree

        And of those bonny virgins, Let me tell you one thing more
        Nine months later, Inverness had four and twenty more

        First lady forward, Second lady pass
        Third lady's finger's up the Fourth lady's ass...

        Fifth lady over, sixth lady front,
        Seventh lady's finger up the eighth lady's cunt!

        Ninth lady up, now; tenth lady back,
        Eleventh lady's finger in the twelfth lady's crack!

        Thirteenth lady in the door, fourteenth lady out,
        Fifteenth doin' the doorknob, with a joyful shout!

        Sixteenth fainted dead away, seventeenth was drunk,
        Eighteenth in the bathtub, a'bathin' in the spunk!

        The Queen was in the kitchen, Eating bread and honey.
        The King was in the Chambermaid And she was in the money.

        There was doin's on the sofa, There was doin's in the chair,
        They found the trampoline, there was doin's in the air!

        They were doin' in the bedrooms, An' doin' on the stairs
        Ya couldna see the carpet for the piles o'pubic hairs

        There was lasses wi' the syphylis, An' lasses wi' the piles
        An' lasses wi' their assholes all wreathed up in smiles

        Several lusty wenches Gathered round the door
        And tripped the men as they came thru, but beat 'em to the floor!

        The Schoolmaster, now he was there, A'goin at it some
        Calculating by algebra The time that he would come

        John the Blacksmith he was there, He thought it was a game
        He did a lassie seven times, But wouldna see her hame!

        Oh, the village Postman he was there, The poor man had the pox
        He couldna' do the ladies So he did the letter box!

        The village Merchant, he was there, His slide rule in his hand,
        Figuring out exactly when Supply would meet demand.

        The village Magician cavorted around, Doin' his vanishing trick
        He pulled his foreskin over his head, And vanished into his prick!

        The village Pervert he was there, Scratchin' at his crotch
        But no one minded him at all, he was only there to watch!

        The Chimney Sweeper he was there, Of that there was no doot
        Pretty soon he farted And he filled the air with soot.

        The village Masochist he was there, A-beggin' for some blows
        The Sadist merely looked at him, and softly answered "No!"

        The village Butcher, he was there, A cleaver in his hand.
        And every time he turned around, He circumcised the band

        The Deacon's Wife, well she was there, Her butt against the wall.
        "Put cash upon the table, boys, I'm goin' to do ye all."

        The Parson's Wife was also there, a-sittin' down in front
        A wreath of posies in her hair, A carrot up her cunt

        Of course the village Elders Were far too old to firk,
        They sat around the table and They had a circle jerk

        The village idiot, he was there-- Can you picture that?
        Amusing himself by abusing himself And catching it in his hat.

        (insert name) she was there, singin' a lament
        Gettin' help with the higher notes from the gentleman in her tent!

        Oh the villiage barber he were there, a sittin by the fire,
        Performing cheap abortions with a red-hot piece o' wire!

        The village cobbler walked right in with his leather and his awl
        Makin' kinky garments for the wierdos at the ball!

        A Lord and Lady Herald were bein' circumspect:
        The one said it was "rampant" the other said "erect!"

        The jester was dancin' naked, all but his bells and cap
        Nobody applauded...but they all gave him the Clap!

        The Best Man, he's a standin', Talking to the Groom
        "The front, the front, and not the back Is the entrance to the womb!"

        The Groom was in the corner, oiling up his tool,
        The Bride was in the icebox Her private parts to cool

        And when the ball was over, Everyone confessed,
        "The music was exquisite, But the doin' was the best!"

      • Pendar Munro
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 23, 2005
          Message
          It could be this one:

          -Pendar
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 24, 2005
            This is the only Refrence I have in My big Bard book Someone May have another

            Simone

            Agincourt Carol / La Route Au Beziers
            Traditional
            from Silly Sisters (No More to the Dance)

            Our King went forth to Normandy
            With grace and might all chivalry
            The God for him rode marvelously
            Where foreign glen make all land cry
            Day-O, gratius, day-O gratius,
            Amblia, pro dae victorius

            Now gracious God he save our King
            His people and his well within
            From him good life and good ending
            That we on earth may safely sing
            Day-O, gratius, day-O gratius,
            Amblia, pro dae victorius

            Our King went forth to Normandy
            With grace and might all chivalry
            The God for him rode marvelously
            Where foregn glen make all land cry
            Day-O, gratius, day-O gratius,
            Amblia, pro dae victorius

            --
            Simone Ui'Dunlaingh
            ---------------------------------
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 24, 2005

              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 24, 2005
                > This is the only Refrence I have in My big Bard book Someone May have
                another

                > Simone

                Sheet music and a more correct version of the words may be found at

                http://www.gflower.org/agincour.pdf

                Melandra
              • mlaf
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 24, 2005
                  For the Victory at Agincourt
                  Owre kynge went forth to Normandy,
                  With grace and myyt of chivalry;
                  The God for hym wrouyt marvelously,
                  Wherefore Englonde may calle, and cry
                  Deo gratias:
                  Deo gratias Anglia redde pro victoria.

                  He sette a sege, the sothe for to say,
                  To Harflue toune with ryal aray;
                  That toune he wan, and made a fray,
                  That Fraunce shall rywe tyl domes day.
                  Deo gratias, &c.

                  Then went owre kynge, with alle his oste,
                  Thorowe Fraunce for all the Frenshe boste;
                  He spared 'for' drede of leste, ne most,
                  Tyl he come to Agincourt coste.
                  Deo gratias, &c.

                  Than for sothe that knyyt comely
                  In Agincourt feld he fauyt manly
                  Thorow grace of God most myyty
                  He had bothe the felde, and the victory
                  Deo gratias, &c.

                  Ther dukys, and erlys, lorde and barone,
                  Were take, and slayne, and that wel sone,
                  And some were ledde in to Lundone
                  With joye, and merthe, and grete renone
                  Deo gratias, &c.

                  Noe gratious God he save owre kynge,
                  His peple, and all his wel wyllynge,
                  Gef him gode lyfe, and gode endynge,
                  That we with merth mowe savely syng
                  Deo gratias, &c.
                • Simone Ui'Dunlaingh
                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 24, 2005
                    Thank you.. and my archives thanks you

                    Simone

                    --
                    Simone Ui'Dunlaingh
                    ---------------------------------
                    Message 9 of 19 , Aug 25, 2005
                      I wanted to thank everyone who came to my class at
                      Pennsic...it was a rousing success!! Overwhelming as
                      to what I was expecting, and a whole lot of fun.

                      We even got kicked out of the A&S tent! We were having
                      too much fun for the sewers next door or
                      something...snicker.

                      Also thanks to everyone who came out to the Bawdic
                      circle I held...it was a hoot. (BTW I'm looking for
                      copies of some of those songs...particularly the Olde
                      Tyme Religion one...as a church organist I laughed my
                      butt off)

                      So thanks to everyone for helping make my First
                      Pennsic Teaching experience great.

                      Go Fighting Rhinos!!!

                      Message 10 of 19 , Aug 25, 2005
                        Okay..the Ball o' Ballinour was bad enough...but even *I* won't torture the
                        list with my OTR collection... (see, Jehanne?...I *do* care! (a
                        little..*G*))

                        If you (or anyone else) wants it, write me off-list.
                        Warning: it's 30 pages long, (in Word format), including the original
                        collection by Master Ioseph of Locksley (Joe Bethancourt) from the old BBS
                        days.

                        In Service(?) I remain
                        Alden Pharamond
                        Tir Medoin, Ansteorra

                        > I wanted to thank everyone who came to my class at
                        > Pennsic...it was a rousing success!! Overwhelming as
                        > to what I was expecting, and a whole lot of fun.
                        > We even got kicked out of the A&S tent! We were having
                        > too much fun for the sewers next door or
                        > something...snicker.
                        > Also thanks to everyone who came out to the Bawdic
                        > circle I held...it was a hoot. (BTW I'm looking for
                        > copies of some of those songs...particularly the Olde
                        > Tyme Religion one...as a church organist I laughed my
                        > butt off)
                        > Gyric
                        > Lord Gyric of Otershaghe
                        > Troubadour, Entertainer and generally all-around nice guy
                      • Gideon Lydiard
                        Message 11 of 19 , Aug 25, 2005
                          Paul DeLisle <ferret@...> wrote:

                          Okay..the Ball o' Ballinour was bad enough...but even *I* won't torture the list with my  OTR collection...

                          In Service(?) I remain
                          Alden Pharamond
                          Tir Medoin, Ansteorra

                          I, however, am not nearly so kind.  Here are the verses that I sang at the Bawdic:

                          We will worship like the Egyptians,

                          Building tombs to put our stiffs in,

                          In the subways write inscriptions,

                          It’s good enough for me…

                          We will worship Aphrodite

                          In her semi-see-through nightie.

                          Even though she’s kinda flighty,

                          It’s good enough for me…

                          We will worship the Triple Goddess

                          In her very low-cut bodice.

                          Even though it isn’t modest,

                          It’s good enough for me…

                          We will worship Zarathustra.

                          We will worship like we useta’.

                          I’m a Zarathustra boosta’!

                          It’s good enough for me…

                          We will worship Thor and Odin,

                          Even though it is verboten.

                          If we don’t we will get snowed’n!

                          It’s good enough for me…

                          We will worship the god Loki

                          Who is the Norse god of chaos

                          Which is why this verse doesn’t rhyme or scan very well,

                          But it’s good enough for me…

                          We will worship the god Buddha.

                          Among the gods there’s no one cuta’.

                          He comes in copper, bronze or pewta’.

                          It’s good enough for me…

                          We will worship like the Druids,

                          Drinking strange, fermented fluids,

                          Running naked through the woo-ods,

                          It’s good enough for me…

                          We will worship like the Quakers

                          It’s good enough for me…

                          I got these verses about 15 years ago from Jenny Vorhees, who is very active in the folklore community down here in DC.  I am fairly confident that she did not make these up herself, but I have no idea where she got them from.  By this point, they should probably be considered public domain.  Please feel free to use these or make up any other verses you want.  As you might have noticed from above, the more tortured the rhyme, the more succesful the verse tends to be.

                          By the way Gyric:  I had a blast at your Bawdic.  It really felt good to cut loose with some repertoire that I might never otherwise get to use around the SCA.  My memory gets a little fuzzy after the point where we went over to Northern Cross, but my hangover the following morning pretty much tells me the rest.  Still, the discussion about "the best pick-up line ever" is going to be seared in my memory for a while.

                          See you next year!

                          Gideon Lydiard

                          Message 12 of 19 , Aug 25, 2005
                            Gideon,

                            I'm glad you had a good time. I think we all did,
                            right up to the Princess, who I had a couple of
                            discussions with over the last few days. Og was quick
                            to tell me how disappointed he was he couldn't make
                            it, but promises for next year. Thank you for making
                            things worse (in a good way) and bringing it back up
                            for air every once in a while. Next year, bring a
                            snorkel. Hell, a full scuba rig couldn't hurt.

                            Gyric

                            Oh, and I'd love a copy of the promised land song
                            too...although you almost broke the 1 verse/chorus
                            rule, I'm glad I held off...grin

                            -
                            > By the way Gyric: I had a blast at your Bawdic. It
                            > really felt good to cut loose with some repertoire
                            > that I might never otherwise get to use around the
                            > SCA. My memory gets a little fuzzy after the point
                            > where we went over to Northern Cross, but my
                            > hangover the following morning pretty much tells me
                            > the rest. Still, the discussion about "the best
                            > pick-up line ever" is going to be seared in my
                            > memory for a while.
                            >
                            > See you next year!
                            >
                            > Gideon Lydiard

                            Lord Gyric of Otershaghe
                            Troubadour, Entertainer and generally all-around nice guy

                          • Lisa (Alais)
                            Message 13 of 19 , Aug 25, 2005
                              Two songs my brother and I have fun recalling are "Olde Tyme Religion" and "A Grazing Mace"- they were definately around Middle Kingdom in the early 80's. Can't recall a lick of Cuckoo's Nest", but "Mace" still gets bellowed in the warm water concert hall, much to the dogs' dismay. alais

                              I, however, am not nearly so kind.  Here are the verses that I sang at the Bawdic:

                              We will worship like the Egyptians,

                              Building tombs to put our stiffs in,

                              In the subways write inscriptions,

                              It’s good enough for me…

                              If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities.

                                  Maya Angelou

                            • Marcus Antaya
                              Message 14 of 19 , Aug 26, 2005
                                My dear lady...such a thing to suggest...without
                                backup words to torture the rest of us...grin.

                                Just to let the list know...I am currently working on
                                collecting every piece of Bawdy, Drinking and Humorous
                                music I can get me 'ands on. I am trying to become my
                                Kingdom's authority on said music. (not that that's
                                difficult, as I seem to be the only one with this
                                desire...grin)

                                Any pieces you have that you would like to send to me,
                                please do...you don't have to abuse the poor list
                                (unless they want it).

                                I'm all about the fun factor...you know, "Let's put
                                the FUN back in funeral!!"

                                Gyric

                                Message 15 of 19 , Aug 27, 2005
                                  Gyric-

                                  The song you are referring to is "Kingdom in the Sky" by the a capella group Da Vinci's Notebook.  Unlike OTR, this song is definitely *not* public domain, so I'd rather not post the words in a public forum like this.  The song comes from the album, "The Life and Times of Mike Fanning."  It's a great CD, and includes a vicious send-up of all things Boy Band called "Title of the Song," which is itself a virulently catchy little pop tune on its own.  Also, you'll never think of the Dreidl Song the same way after hearing the last track.  This is the homepage for the group, and the CD can be purchased here

                                  Sorry if this is coming off as a bit of a commercial, but Da Vinci's Notebook is something of a local treasure down here, so I want to help them out as much as I can.

                                  -Giddy

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Aug 27, 2005
                                    Would one need be aWAKE in order to place the FUN back into funeral?

                                    Unfortunately, the only bawdy song title I can recall out of the hundreds- yea even thousands- is The Cuckoo's Nest. There was one about a man, a woman and a cod, but the title escapes me. My main bawdy song period came after my first go in SCA and involved filking songs from whatever musical I was working production or tech or was in and so aren't quite suitable. I had a most sheltered upbringing in some regards.

                                    But there are indeed loads of them- mainly reliant upon puns from the era's vocabulary. If one knows how the word was used, one can probably locate enough to sing one a day for years. I learned this at the tender age of 16 while doing a special project with Shakespeare. A gentleman by the name of Woody Pyatt graciously gave of his time and knowledge of Shakespeare to introduce me to how filthy the man wrote in order I may understand more fully Midsummer Night's Dream.
                                    There is nothing that entertains, diverts, distracts or sells like sex. Just ask the closest politician, adman or spin doctor.

                                    If you succeed in your quest,  I wonder if you could be persuaded to share with the rest of the class? Some things are meant to be shared, even if it costs a little to cover expenses.

                                    alais

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Aug 27, 2005
                                      > If you succeed in your quest, I wonder if you could
                                      > be persuaded to share with the rest of the class?
                                      > Some things are meant to be shared, even if it costs
                                      > a little to cover expenses.
                                      >
                                      > alais

                                      My Lady,

                                      As any of the people who took my class at Pennsic will
                                      attest, I will quite gladly share with any and
                                      everyone. I want to hear more Bawdy and drinking songs
                                      in all the Kingdoms of the SCA short of Lochac (it
                                      appears they are doing QUITE well without my
                                      encouragement...grin).

                                      As I said, I will be doing an intermediate class in my
                                      encampment next year, as well as the introductory
                                      class at P.U. (go fighting rhinos). I will be making
                                      songbooks with costs only to cover my printing, as I
                                      am not a rich man despite my best efforts.

                                      Hope to meet you next year, as well as anyone else who
                                      wants to get dirty....grin.