Re: [SCA_BARDS] Advanced classes?

  • Lisa (Alais)
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2005
      What do you do when someone has already had classwork through mundane university on certain subject areas or has walked in the door with verifiable mundane experience?

      alais

      "Stephen R. Melvin" <Rathflaed@...> wrote:
      For those interested, here are the courses required by the Meridian Bardic College for Graduation.

      If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities.

          Maya Angelou

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • skaplan4@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
        >What do you do when someone has already had classwork through mundane >university on certain subject areas or has walked in the door with verifiable >mundane experience?

        >alais

        In the East, we suck thier brain dry...

        Selena
      • Tessa Nieto
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
          This is so cool.... *drools*

          Eleanor

          http://www.randomwerks.com/meridian_bardic/courses.htm

          > -R

          Never annoy a bard, for their memories are long, and your name scans to "Greensleeves". ~ Fiana of Clare

          Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

          Per fes, azure and sable, a harp or in chief stringed or, a lion dormant or.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Drew
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005

            > For those interested, here are the courses required by the
            > Meridian Bardic College for Graduation.
            >
            > http://www.randomwerks.com/meridian_bardic/courses.htm

            What does graduation get you?

            Sometimes I don't get it. I sing, I write, I'm a bard. What's all the
            fuss?
          • Stephen R. Melvin
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 9, 2005
              My understanding (they've changed things a bit since I was last in my homeland) is that graduation gets you the right to be called ollamh in the Meridian Bardic College, which is the highest level.  Basically a Master, but they can't use the title b/c that's reserved for peers.

              -R

              > For those interested, here are the courses required by the
              > Meridian Bardic College for Graduation.

              > http://www.randomwerks.com/meridian_bardic/courses.htm

              What does graduation get you?

              Sometimes I don't get it.  I sing, I write, I'm a bard.  What's all the
              fuss?

                Subscribe:    SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com

            • Stephen R. Melvin
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 9, 2005
                Don't know - have to talk to the College folks specifically.

                -R