Looking for sheet music

  • Drew
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 5, 2005
      Anyone know where I can get copies of En Frolyk Weson (by Jacobus Barbireau
      ) online? The big Choral Public Domain Library doesn't have it.

      Thanks,

      Purple
    • L C Harmon Horner
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5, 2005

        try here and see if it gets you there. you'll have to do a log-in to access it, but the title is listed. alais

        Drew <drew@...> wrote:
        Anyone know where I can get copies of En Frolyk Weson (by Jacobus Barbireau
        ) online?  The big Choral Public Domain Library doesn't have it.

        Thanks,

        Purple

          Subscribe:    SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com

        O let us live in joy, although having nothing! In joy let us live like spirits of light!
        -Buddha
        From "Sayings of the Buddha: Reflections for Every Day", by William Wray, 2004.

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Drew
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 5, 2005
          Yeah, that has just the midi/mp3, and then the opportunity to buy the sheet
          music...

        • L C Harmon Horner
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 5, 2005
            Using the title for a search gets you library database to search libraries. You can  do that and see if you can find the sheet music through a local one or interlibrary loan.
            If you have a good ear, you can do it that way, too. More work, but has bragging rights within it. I did most of Boru's March until I ran out of what I remembered clearly that way. a

            Drew <drew@...> wrote:
            Yeah, that has just the midi/mp3, and then the opportunity to buy the sheet
            music...

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • Katriana
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
              Purple queried:
              >>> Anyone know where I can get copies of En Frolyk Weson
              >>> (by Jacobus Barbireau) online? The big Choral Public
              >>> Domain Library doesn't have it.

              alais answered:
              >> http://www.classicalarchives.com/early/b.html
              >>
              >> try here and see if it gets you there. you'll have to do a
              >> log-in to access it, but the title is listed. alais

              Purple then replied:
              > Yeah, that has just the midi/mp3, and then the opportunity
              > to buy the sheet music...

              You do know that you can take a MIDI file and make sheet music out of
              it, right? You will probably have to tweak it, but it produces useable
              sheet music. If you have problems, I could send you either a
              Noteworthy Composer file, or a pdf of the sheet music I got from the
              MIDI at the site above.

              katriana
            • Drew
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005

                > Purple then replied:
                > > Yeah, that has just the midi/mp3, and then the opportunity
                > to buy the
                > > sheet music...
                >
                > You do know that you can take a MIDI file and make sheet
                > music out of it, right? You will probably have to tweak it,
                > but it produces useable sheet music. If you have problems, I
                > could send you either a Noteworthy Composer file, or a pdf of
                > the sheet music I got from the MIDI at the site above.

                I can't do it with Finale Notepad, can I? I think a friend of mine is
                coming through with this today, actually, but if you can make a PDF, that
                would be great.

                Thanks,

                Purple
              • Katriana
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
                  > I can't do it with Finale Notepad, can I? I think a friend of mine is
                  > coming through with this today, actually, but if you can make a PDF,
                  that
                  > would be great.

                  Well, Finale Notepad 2003 won't do it. Noteworthy Composer is
                  inexpensive and has tons of user support

                  http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/

                  It's biggest drawback is that there is no Mac version, YMMV.

                  I uploaded the pdf I created to the file section. I use pdf 995
                  ( http://www.software995.com/ ) which I like so much, I may well pay
                  the registration fee :-)

                  katriana