Re: [SCA_BARDS] Reference

  • L C Harmon Horner
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 25, 2005

      Here are three on verse structure I have in my little pile.

      alais

      Scott <goodhaggis@...> wrote:
      I would like to look into more Celtic genre older than what I am doing. What resources can anyone turn me onto? I would pretty much just like to study melody and meter structure. If you have any links or books that you might like to suggest to get me goin I would love to hear it.

      Haggis

      2nd WIND - Take it in today!!!

      Do you Yahoo!?

        Subscribe:    SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Drew
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5, 2005
        Anyone know where I can get copies of En Frolyk Weson (by Jacobus Barbireau
        ) online? The big Choral Public Domain Library doesn't have it.

        Thanks,

        Purple
      • L C Harmon Horner
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 5, 2005

          try here and see if it gets you there. you'll have to do a log-in to access it, but the title is listed. alais

          Drew <drew@...> wrote:
          Anyone know where I can get copies of En Frolyk Weson (by Jacobus Barbireau
          ) online?  The big Choral Public Domain Library doesn't have it.

          Thanks,

          Purple

            Subscribe:    SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com

          O let us live in joy, although having nothing! In joy let us live like spirits of light!
          -Buddha
          From "Sayings of the Buddha: Reflections for Every Day", by William Wray, 2004.

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • Drew
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 5, 2005
            Yeah, that has just the midi/mp3, and then the opportunity to buy the sheet
            music...

          • L C Harmon Horner
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 5, 2005
              Using the title for a search gets you library database to search libraries. You can  do that and see if you can find the sheet music through a local one or interlibrary loan.
              If you have a good ear, you can do it that way, too. More work, but has bragging rights within it. I did most of Boru's March until I ran out of what I remembered clearly that way. a

              Drew <drew@...> wrote:
              Yeah, that has just the midi/mp3, and then the opportunity to buy the sheet
              music...

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • Katriana
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
                Purple queried:
                >>> Anyone know where I can get copies of En Frolyk Weson
                >>> (by Jacobus Barbireau) online? The big Choral Public
                >>> Domain Library doesn't have it.

                alais answered:
                >> http://www.classicalarchives.com/early/b.html
                >>
                >> try here and see if it gets you there. you'll have to do a
                >> log-in to access it, but the title is listed. alais

                Purple then replied:
                > Yeah, that has just the midi/mp3, and then the opportunity
                > to buy the sheet music...

                You do know that you can take a MIDI file and make sheet music out of
                it, right? You will probably have to tweak it, but it produces useable
                sheet music. If you have problems, I could send you either a
                Noteworthy Composer file, or a pdf of the sheet music I got from the
                MIDI at the site above.

                katriana
              • Drew
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005

                  > Purple then replied:
                  > > Yeah, that has just the midi/mp3, and then the opportunity
                  > to buy the
                  > > sheet music...
                  >
                  > You do know that you can take a MIDI file and make sheet
                  > music out of it, right? You will probably have to tweak it,
                  > but it produces useable sheet music. If you have problems, I
                  > could send you either a Noteworthy Composer file, or a pdf of
                  > the sheet music I got from the MIDI at the site above.

                  I can't do it with Finale Notepad, can I? I think a friend of mine is
                  coming through with this today, actually, but if you can make a PDF, that
                  would be great.

                  Thanks,

                  Purple
                • Katriana
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 6, 2005
                    > I can't do it with Finale Notepad, can I? I think a friend of mine is
                    > coming through with this today, actually, but if you can make a PDF,
                    that
                    > would be great.

                    Well, Finale Notepad 2003 won't do it. Noteworthy Composer is
                    inexpensive and has tons of user support

                    http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/

                    It's biggest drawback is that there is no Mac version, YMMV.

                    I uploaded the pdf I created to the file section. I use pdf 995
                    ( http://www.software995.com/ ) which I like so much, I may well pay
                    the registration fee :-)

                    katriana