Allez Bardic!

  • Drew
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 7, 2005
      The Guild Fanucci
      (making Life Interesting since A.S. XIII)
      Proudly Presents

      IRON BARD

      DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO CLAIM THE IRON?

      Starting at the Great Pennsic War XXXIV, the Guild Fanucci will assemble a
      panel of Iron Bards par Excellence, in various forms, against whom you may
      try your mettle. The top scorers during the first 8 days of competition will
      be invited to the Finals, which will include an Improv round.

      . Where?: Pennsic War, early round locations: TBA, finals: Pennsic
      Performing Arts Pavilion

      . When?: Daily chances to come and challenge an Iron Bard to a duel before
      the judges.

      . What?: Perform head to head with your Iron opponent-before the judges--In
      a pair of pieces, one in their area of expertise, one not. Topics and
      viewpoints pulled out of a jar. Performances each evening at locations to be
      named and reported widely.

      . Why?: For the fun of it, naturally, as well as meeting and dueling with
      top bards from all over. And if you outscore-or really impress-the Iron
      Bard, you may be Awarded your own IRON status for the next season.

      . Season?: You betcha! We are taking this gig to all major wars and bardic
      symposiums, with a cumulative score standings and a grandly ostentatious
      prize for the Grand Champion.

      . Who are the Judges?: Never you mind! You'll see when you get there. Apply
      via email to IRONBARDZ@... State name, SCA name, contact info, forms
      you'd consider competing in, date of arrival at Pennsic War.
    • Drew
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 8, 2005
        There is now a website for the Iron Bard Competition:

        www.iron-bards.org

        There's a mailing list that you can sign up for updates, etc.

        Purple