Attention, bad poets...

  • Michael B. Greenstein
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 13, 2005
      There is a contest for bad poetry! Put on your best Vogon game face and
      begin...

      http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=19112

      - Michael
    • jenny tavernier
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2005
        Very chewy bardy cultural arts magazine - with what's upcomming along the history,  fantasy, scifi - reviews of movies dealing with the genre - folky and ancient -

        Jennnth

        when
        rythmical clocks
        in measured moments
        mock their throbbing hearts
        even the wise yield
        to oblivious hours
        �2004JHT

        Conversation is really kinetic sculpture - jen

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • jenny tavernier
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5, 2005

          Norma J. Livo,
          Troubadour's Storybag
          (Fulcrum Publishing, 1996)

          http://www.rambles.net/livo_troubadour.html

            Subscribe:    SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com

          when
          rythmical clocks
          in measured moments
          mock their throbbing hearts
          even the wise yield
          to oblivious hours
          �2004JHT

          Conversation is really kinetic sculpture - jen

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • wodeford
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 5, 2005
            Jenneth's last post reminds me, Smithsonian's Folkways Recordings is
            now offering downloadable music at http://www.music.msn.com/smithsonian

            www.folkways.si.edu is the main website for Folkways Recordings.
            Folkways started as a record company in 1948 by Moses Asch
            specializing in American folk music. Acquired by the Smithsonian in
            1987, Folkways also explores folk music traditions from all over the
            world. So if you like Woodie Guthrie or want to hear songs of the
            Mbuti pygmies, this is a neat resource.

            Cheers,
            Jehanne de Wodeford, whose crazy Japanese alter ego likes to listen to
            gagaku.
          • jenny tavernier
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 5, 2005

              Cheers,
              Jehanne de Wodeford, whose crazy Japanese alter ego likes to listen to
              gagaku.

              I have a softspot for Brazilian 'Frevo' (northeastern sticks nightclub music - of horns, drumming and kinda samba - really really fast -

              frevo is actually a dance - but the music is high velocity and really gets in your blood - Jenoi - returned from the frontlines of fiendish overworking

              2 things to watch for:

              Estrella, of course

              and Strings Alive! 2005 - convention here in Reno - all strings, all stories, all workshops, fromm the dawn of time thru now and the future