"Scarlet" lyrics and tune

  • Michael B. Greenstein
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2005
      Greetings from Michael Alewright

      > I am in search of the actual music as well as the lyric's for the tune
      > "Scarlet".

      Go to the brand new web page of the AEthelmearc Bardic College, set up by
      Silence de Cherbourg: www.aebards.org.

      It is still small (much more is to come!), but "Scarlet" is one of the
      Kingdom songs to which there is a link from the page. You can print the
      lyrics, and also listen to Silence singing them (no MIDIs or Finale files
      yet).

      > Having attending their last Pennsic Bardic ....

      I was likewise privileged to be there. There were no rafters, but we made
      them ring anyway!

      I hope this is of help to you. If you had to be from a Kingdom to sing that
      Kingdom's songs, visiting Ealdormere would be far less fun.

      Regards,
      Michael
    • Bjorn Swiftaxe
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2005
        > It is still small (much more is to come!), but "Scarlet" is one of
        > the
        > Kingdom songs to which there is a link from the page.

        > Regards,
        > Michael

        And tell me your Excellence are any of your own superb pieces on
        display for those of us who are fond of such verse on the site? I for
        one would be rather happy to have the chance to learn a few of your
        poems if only for myself.

        Sincerely,
        Bjorn Swiftaxe

        =====
        I am the Shadowstorm. The shadows of my mind rage and crash with the fury of a storm. Starwind lights my way and keeps me safe in her arms. Mynx is My love and passion and shall hold My heart forever safe in hers as I hold her's safe in Mine.

        http://my.yahoo.com
      • Michael B. Greenstein
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2005
          > And tell me your Excellence are any of your own superb pieces on
          display for those of us who are fond of such verse on the site?

          There are more answers to that question than just the ones that wouldn't get me into trouble... 8-)

          Right now, there are only four pieces on the site, all of them Kingdom songs (three by Gwendolyn the Graceful, including "Scarlet" and the lovely "AEthelmearc My Camelot," and my War March). Silence's goals were to get something up sooner rather than later so interested folks could have a resource to start learning Kingdom songs, and to pass her finals (always a worthy aim). Ultimately, the site will also feature more Kingdom songs as well as works by individual AEthelmearc bards, and in my section I intend to post pieces that might be of general interest. The site may allow for sheet music, too, although I think the question of the file format is still up in the air.

          Personally, I think the Ealdormere bardic community has a good setup. Check out bards.ca. Many of their songs are available for download as Finale NotePad files, which even a musical semi-literate like me can use to transcribe tunes.

          Being able to transcribe my tunes has fuelled my ambitions of publishing a book of my material (songs as well as poems) in time for Pennsic. I am told that my music notation must first be edited to eliminate notes that apparently do not exist (F-flat apparently is a no-no).

          > one would be rather happy to have the chance to learn a few of your
          poems if only for myself.

          I am flattered by the honor. If you want, let me know privately what sort of pieces you are looking for (or if there are any specific ones), and I can send you some. Either that, or the next time we bump into each other, feel free to flip through my performance book.

          - Michael
        • Bjorn Swiftaxe
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
            > > one would be rather happy to have the chance to learn a few of
            > your
            > poems if only for myself.
            >
            > I am flattered by the honor. If you want, let me know privately
            > what sort of pieces you are looking for (or if there are any
            > specific ones), and I can send you some. Either that, or the next
            > time we bump into each other, feel free to flip through my
            > performance book.

            I think perhaps I shall just wait till we run into each other again.
            Its much more interesting to learn the pieces through audio memory as
            well as reading it until its burned into my rather slowly firing
            synapses! I look forward to our next meeting. Just so you know also I
            am currently planning for Jugglers, Tumblers and Bards II at the end
            of June! So look for the announcement probably in February or March
            AEstel.

            Bjorn Swiftaxe

            =====

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail