"Man O War" by Hank Kramer?

  • Drew
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2004
      On the drive back from New York after Thanksgiving, we heard a song on an
      NPR station in western PA. It was all about how the singer wanted to be a
      gunners mate, or a cooks mate or a rigging sailor on a Man O War. The
      singer was Hank Kramer.

      Anyone know where I can get a copy, or the words and tune?

      Thanks

      --
      purple
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2004

        there is a data base of folk songs. more that you would ever think possible.

        or contact the NPR station for the play list, they keep them on file.

        Selena
        On the drive back from New York after Thanksgiving, we heard a song on an
        NPR station in western PA.  It was all about how the singer wanted to be a
        gunners mate, or a cooks mate or a rigging sailor on a Man O War.  The
        singer was Hank Kramer.

        Anyone know where I can get a copy, or the words and tune?

        Thanks

        --
        purple
        --
        Help me raise money to defeat Breast Cancer!
        http://www.drewncapris.net/bcfund/hair.html
        --
        "A little patience, and we shall see the reign of witches pass over, their
        spells dissolve, and the people, recovering their true sight, restore their
        government to its true principles."      (Thomas Jefferson, in a letter of
        1798, after the passage of the Sedition Act.)

          Subscribe:    SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com

      • Drew
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2004
          ahah! Found it!

          http://www.mudcat.org/@...?SongID=5169

          Now, all I need is the tune...

          --
          Drew
          --
          Help me raise money to defeat Breast Cancer!
          http://www.drewncapris.net/bcfund/hair.html
          --
          "A little patience, and we shall see the reign of witches pass over, their
          spells dissolve, and the people, recovering their true sight, restore their
          government to its true principles." (Thomas Jefferson, in a letter of
          1798, after the passage of the Sedition Act.)

        • Katriana
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2004
            > ahah! Found it!
            >
            > http://www.mudcat.org/@...?SongID=5169