Bardic Circle on Sunday

  • Brion Enkazi
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5 10:20 AM
      Well, if we're going to play ball I want the home field advantage.  Why don't you all stop by on Sunday (the middle Sunday) for the bardic circle I host at the BMDL camp?  IMHO it's one of the best circles of the War (especially later on), and has been such a great hit over the past few years that I'm playing down the advertising to avoid a crowd that's too large to handle.  It is and will remain, however, the official settling-in and welcome-to-war spot of the Bardic Hit Squad, and I can guarantee a high-quality experience for all come. The camp has a Grimm’s tent if needed, so don’t let rain keep you away.

      The format will be a wee bit nudged this War, btw.  It's usually "Pick, Pass, or Play," but this year I'm going to make it "Pick, Pass, Play, or Pick-a-friend-to-help".  The idea is to encourage duets and to give newer people an explicit option for bringing in moral support from someone they know.  I've also made some hand-held toys for those capable of acting like a rhythm section (plastic eggs filled with shot and 6" pieces of hardwood dowel).

      There are no official rules on repertoire, but people are urged to choose pieces that fit the feel, flow and size of the audience and the circle.  We'll go on all night and well into the morning, so you'll get a chance for that big story later if not sooner.  And I'm a storyteller, you know, so it's a rule that hits me more than the rest of you!

      Looking forward to seeing you there,

      Brion Enkazi
      Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Aethelmearc
      a/k/a Scott Pavelle, Pittsburgh, PA