Re: [SCA_BARDS] Thank you very much

  • Jross007@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 6, 2000
      In a message dated 06/06/2000 12:45:40 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
      siggy@... writes:

      > Speaking of backup, I have just finished the initial draft of an excellent
      > filk
      > currently titled 'Balthazar, Royal Pain'... We should get in some practice
      > soon..
      >
      > Sigmund Malovich

      Just be careful which Balthazaar you make the point of the song<G> :P

      Eoin Maclulich AKA Balthazaar Blackshadow of Bronzehelm
    • Sigmund Hewett
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 6, 2000
        On Tue, 06 Jun 2000, you wrote:
        > In a message dated 6/5/00 11:45:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
        > siggy@... writes:
        >
        > > Speaking of backup, I have just finished the initial draft of an excellent
        > > filk
        > > currently titled 'Balthazar, Royal Pain'... We should get in some practice
        > > soon..
        >
        > This proves to be juicy...lyrics, please? Tune?

        The tune you already know, King of Pain by the Police...
        Problem with this one was not what write, but what to put in...
        I wish I had the same problem with my other project,
        'One War by the Bare Naked Wenches'
        That one is coming along slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly

        Sigmund Malovich

        If all the world is a stage,
        where does the audience sit?
        siggy@...
        ICQ 68707552
      • OCeallachain@juno.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 7, 2000
          > On Tue, 06 Jun 2000, you wrote:
          > > In a message dated 6/5/00 11:45:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
          > > siggy@... writes:
          > >
          > > > Speaking of backup, I have just finished the initial draft of an
          > excellent
          > > > filk
          > > > currently titled 'Balthazar, Royal Pain'... We should get in
          > some practice
          > > > soon..
          > >
          > > This proves to be juicy...lyrics, please? Tune?
          > >
          > The tune you already know, King of Pain by the Police...
          > Problem with this one was not what write, but what to put in...
          > I wish I had the same problem with my other project,
          > 'One War by the Bare Naked Wenches'
          > That one is coming along slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly
          >
          > Sigmund Malovich

          Respectfully regret to inform you... a filk to that tune has already been
          done by one of the local bards here in Tir Ysgithr. Called 'Two Months'
          (referencing the time between winning crown and taking the thrones).
          Tonis von Driele is the
          (ir)responsible party. Not that you should stop; just thought you might
          like to know it's been done.

          The MSOB performs it at full speed, too...

          Shade and sweet water,
          Daithi O Ceallachain

          Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
        • Sigmund Hewett
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 7, 2000
            > Respectfully regret to inform you... a filk to that tune has already been
            > done by one of the local bards here in Tir Ysgithr. Called 'Two Months'
            > (referencing the time between winning crown and taking the thrones).
            > Tonis von Driele is the
            > (ir)responsible party. Not that you should stop; just thought you might
            > like to know it's been done.
            >
            > The MSOB performs it at full speed, too...

            I'll slog away at it in my spare time still.. I don't do all that many filks,
            and this one would be mainly for the general amusement of my household..
            I really only spend lasting time on my own songs, as filks (for me) either
            come in a flash, or they're what I call 'vampire ideas' (being they turn to
            dust by light of day)..
            Doing a song at that tempo isn't really that hard.. One of my staples I have
            to slow down, and even then when Blackrune learnt the words they did it at half
            tempo again.. The trick is to practice the phrases slowly and increase your
            speed until you can rattle them off like lightning, leaving others tripping
            over the words. To make matters worse I like writing songs that are
            deliberately hard to say, and then do nasty things like.... no chorus

            Why? No real reason, I just have a dark sense of humor, and watching a bunch of
            people whose tongues are already thick with the devil grog trip over words just
            tickles my funny bone :P

            Sigmund Malovich.

            If all the world is a stage,
            where does the audience sit?
            siggy@...
            ICQ 68707552
          • OCeallachain@juno.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 20, 2000
              > --- Lethann ingen Aeda <lethann@...> wrote:
              > > If you haven't already stumbled across this site, try Cantaria at
              > > http://www.chivalry.com/cantaria/index.html
              > >
              > > they also have various links there. ALso I know one of the more
              > poplar
              > > bards of the Society has his Black Book of Songs avaliable for
              > download
              > > and printing. I don't have the URL with me but I can post it.
              >
              > Also check out http://members.xoom.com/meridianbard/ - the
              > Meridian
              > Bardic College. On the resource page there are links to Cantaria,
              > the
              > Black Book of Locksley, and other sources.
              >
              > Cellach Cosnocht mac C��in, Rogue Herald
              > Barony of the South Downs, Meridies

              Direct link to the Black Book: http://members.tripod.com/~blackb00k/.

              For folk and traditional music, try http://www/mudcat.org - The Mudcat
              Cafe, home of the Digital Tradition database.

              Seppo J. Niemi is a Finn who's crazy about Ireland. He keeps a fair
              amount of Irish music at http://ameba.lpt.fi/~zaphod/irish.

              A lot of this material may not be period, but I point it out in case
              anyone enjoys these kinds of music.