Bardic Books Reminder

  • KaziBrionSCA
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 12, 2004

      Greetings from Brion Enkazi and Michael Alewright, keepers of
      the "Bards-By-Day" and "Bards-By-Night" books that list Pennsic's
      bardic events. Please spread the word and send any entries
      you want listed to bardicbooks@.... We need time,
      date, location, and any brief description you'd care to have us
      include.

      YIS,

      The Authors

      P.S. Please forward this to all appropriate lists.

      Thanks again!

    • bradleighsimms@juno.com
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 12, 2004
        *grins* Huzzah to you! I'm in a wheelchair, so believe me, I'm
        interested! Though it's a long way up..... I'm in Denver (Caerthe) in the
        Outlands

        -- Arianna

        On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 06:52:14 +0000 "KILIAN METCALF" <1kilian@...>
        writes:
        > >From: bradleighsimms@...
        > >To: SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com
        > >Subject: Re: [SCA_BARDS] New to SCA
        > >Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 00:49:46 -0600
        > >
        > >Welcome to the SCA!
        > >
        > >I'm Arianna (obviously a female name) and I am definitely playing a
        > bard.
        > >Of course, the fact that I bard irl for a living doesn't hurt. :)
        > >

        > Lucky you! I am a nurse IRL and play the harp for love. I am
        > working on a
        > healing music course through the Music for Healing and Transition
        > Program in
        > Tucson AZ (Tir Ysgithr) in the Kingdom of Atenveldt.
        >
        > Kilian+
        > 1kilian@...

        > --------------------~-->
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/PJ_qlB/TM

        > http://www.egroups.com/community/SCA_BARDS
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
      • Ivy Crane
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 12, 2004
          YaY! we like new ones...:D
          Lyllianne

          >From: "KILIAN METCALF" <1kilian@...>
          >To: SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [SCA_BARDS] New to SCA
          >Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 05:49:06 +0000
          >

          >Kilian+
          >1kilian@...
          >

          >Community email addresses:
          > Post message: SCA_BARDS@egroups.com
          >
          >Shortcut URL to this page:
          > http://www.egroups.com/community/SCA_BARDS
          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Ivy Crane
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 12, 2004
            And one of the first bards in Ansteorra(kingdom) was Duchess Willow de Wisp.
            And many more....
            Lyllianne

            >From: "Randy Colby" <xzoomy@...>
            >To: SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [SCA_BARDS] Re: New to SCA
            >Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 13:05:26 -0000
            >
            >--- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, "KILIAN METCALF" <1kilian@m...>
            >wrote:
            > > Kilian is a female name in my case, and I know that there weren't
            > > that many female bards, but I am hoping the Celtic approach to
            >equality of
            > > genders will stretch to allowing a female bard.
            > >
            > > Kilian Metcalf
            > > Tir Ysgithr
            > > 1kilian@m...
            >
            >Greetings and well met, My Lady:
            >
            > You may believe me whei I tell you there are many women who are
            >great bards in the SCA. The first two Windhover (Kingdom) Bards of
            >the Outlands were women, and the position was named in memory of one
            >of the greatest bards ever, Mistress Kyriel of Windhover Cliff.
            >
            >YHS
            >
            >THL Colb'an the Lutemaker
            >Pencerdd of Unser Hafen
            >

            >Community email addresses:
            > Post message: SCA_BARDS@egroups.com
            >
            >Shortcut URL to this page:
            > http://www.egroups.com/community/SCA_BARDS
            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • jenny tavernier
            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 12, 2004
              Kilian - more comments on gender sensitive professions (I laughed when I saw your OK to be female?)

              If a bard, or musician, or whatall - I have found it more that you may choose any persona -
              but if you are of the bardic line - IT chooses you. -birds, beasts, trees humans, whatnot - it's in the blood and the very thought -- and beyond it - the very air you breathe . As far as gender goes, (LOL!) Bards are bards. man woman or rock. mummer, writer, mute -

              even dead or alive, doesn't make a difference!

              Many many welcomes
              Jenneth!
              bard of the picklebowl

              KILIAN METCALF <1kilian@...> wrote:
              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              click here

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • Jay Meeks
              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 12, 2004

                none here in meridies either,

                     and in my  opinion  i'd rather hear a lady sing anyhow,  and  it is a little weird to hear a guy  sing a song from a girls prospective......  adn a hair creepy as well

                thorfinn eriksonr,

                dean of the meridian bardic college

                             "..................."
                                               -Silent Bob

                Get tips for maintaining your PC, notebook accessories and reviews in Technology 101.
              • jenny tavernier
                Message 7 of 27 , Jul 13, 2004

                  Jay Meeks <thorfinneriksonr@...> wrote:

                  none here in meridies either,

                       and in my  opinion  i'd rather hear a lady sing anyhow,  and  it is a little weird to hear a guy  sing a song from a girls prospective......  adn a hair creepy as well

                  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

                  ... as I lay him doon in a feather bed, all clasp-ed to my bosom ...

                  Jenneth - having witnessed some of those amazing moments - one where a caidan bard actually won a prize for keeping a straight face while he sang - and mimicked the motions -

                  By the way! Have you a link to the college?

                  Jen again -

                  thorfinn eriksonr,

                  dean of the meridian bardic college

                               "..................."
                                                 -Silent Bob

                  Get tips for maintaining your PC, notebook accessories and reviews in Technology 101.

                    Subscribe:    SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com

                  Do you Yahoo!?
                • Tori Tyson
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jul 14, 2004
                    I tii am looking into the bardic world, as a singer.  If your interested we could get together and put our heads together?

                    KILIAN METCALF <1kilian@...> wrote:
                    Glad to learn the gender bias is not so strong against female bards in the
                    SCA.  I plan to make haste slowly and sort of ease my way in.  I will be
                    attending an A&S competition (as one of the "populace") as my first SCA
                    event, and I hope to meet some musicians there.

                    Kilian+
                    1kilian@...

                    >From: "Simone U'Dunalingh" <simone@...>
                    >To: SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [SCA_BARDS] New to SCA
                    >Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 08:26:29 -0500
                    >
                    >I hope so to :-) It does my dear I am a ninth century Celt. and have been
                    >active inthe Bardic community for 12 years now ...Gesh it's been that long
                    >already...Time realy does fly when your having fun.
                    >
                    >nice thing about the SCA we are not so gender restrictive as the middle
                    >ages realy were. I am glad you are with us. Go out have fun with your
                    >music. Give yourself the time to get your bardic legs under yourself and
                    >you'll do great
                    >
                    >Simone
                    >one of dem der female bards
                    >

                    >On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 05:53:05 +0000, KILIAN METCALF <1kilian@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Thank you for approving my subscription to the Bards list. I am a new
                    > > member in SCA and have not yet attended any events. In corresponding
                    > > with a
                    > > current member, I was encouraged to find a smaller group within the
                    > > larger
                    > > group to get to know the organization a little better. I am working on
                    >my
                    > > persona and costume. Since I play the harp, I thought perhaps a bard
                    > > persona might be appropriate. I look forward to getting to know you all
                    > > better. Kilian is a female name in my case, and I know that there
                    >weren't
                    > > that many female bards, but I am hoping the Celtic approach to equality
                    > > of
                    > > genders will stretch to allowing a female bard.
                    > >
                    > > Kilian Metcalf
                    > > Tir Ysgithr
                    > > 1kilian@...
                    > >

                    > > Community email addresses:
                    > > Post message: SCA_BARDS@egroups.com
                    > > Subscribe: SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com
                    > >
                    > > Shortcut URL to this page:
                    > > http://www.egroups.com/community/SCA_BARDS
                    > >

                    > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                    > >
                    > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    >--
                    >When you focus on the Negitive that is all you see, when you forcus on the
                    >positive the world changes--
                    >
                    >To view story in progress go to http://Writing.Com/authors/kyiare
                    >

                    >Community email addresses:
                    >   Post message: SCA_BARDS@egroups.com
                    >   Subscribe:    SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com
                    >
                    >Shortcut URL to this page:
                    >   http://www.egroups.com/community/SCA_BARDS
                    >Yahoo! Groups Links

                      Subscribe:    SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com

                    Namaste,
                    Riverwind

                    As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord and Lady.

                    Do you Yahoo!?