Re: [SCA_BARDS] Estrella Performers' Stage

  • Sigmund Hewett
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2000
      > This is also a wonderful opportunity for wandering street performers
      > (yep,
      > even those dreaded mimes again) to ply their trade, as there will be
      > plenty
      > of Merchants' Row outside of the stage area to entertain. Come out and
      > help make this a bazaar (of the bizarre?) like none other in the Known
      > World.
      > Please, make plans to participate in this first annual Estrella Midnight
      > Minstrelsy Madness.
      >
      > Additional information/details will be made available as plans are
      > formalized. Look for a Performing Arts page on the Estrella web site
      > within the next two weeks.

      Would love to attend and do some contact juggling, provided my shoulder heals
      by february.. but seeing how I have to go to see an orthopedic surgeon next
      week to discuss surgery, somehow I doubt I will be able to participate :(

      Still I may be able to swing down for a weekend and check it out as a
      spectator.

      Sigmund Malovich
    • OCeallachain@juno.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2000
        *** Unto all performers of the Known World! ***

        There will be a performer's stage available in Merchant's Row this year
        at
        Estrella War. We are encouraging all performers (bards, jugglers,
        magicians,
        tumblers, mummers, etc) to come and participate - even the mimes are
        welcome, although their safety is not guaranteed... Times will be made
        available
        for persons or groups to book the stage in advance for their
        performances.
        Please prepare for 20-25 minute sets with 5-10 minute breaks as time will
        be booked in ½ hour increments. Anytime the stage is not reserved, it
        will be
        available for impromptu performances - feel free to make use of it.
        Hopefully,
        we can keep a steady flow of performances throughout the war (especially
        Thursday afternoon through Sunday).

        *** Midnight Minstrelsy Madness ***

        Plans are being formed to make the stage a focal point (of sorts) during
        the annual Midnight Madness shopping spree. We are hoping to keep a
        nonstop progression of performers during Thursday night to entertain the
        massed shoppers. If you ever wanted the opportunity to gather a large
        audience for your performances, you will likely never have a better
        chance.
        This is also a wonderful opportunity for wandering street performers
        (yep,
        even those dreaded mimes again) to ply their trade, as there will be
        plenty
        of Merchants' Row outside of the stage area to entertain. Come out and
        help make this a bazaar (of the bizarre?) like none other in the Known
        World.
        Please, make plans to participate in this first annual Estrella Midnight
        Minstrelsy Madness.

        Additional information/details will be made available as plans are
        formalized. Look for a Performing Arts page on the Estrella web site
        within the next two weeks.

        Contacts:

        Lord Daithi O Ceallachain
        Deputy Autocrat for Performing Arts / Scheduling
        OCeallachain@...

        Lord Tonis (Teunis) van Driele
        (just an advisor, autocrats have too much work to do)
        sghoogerwerf@...

        Please email one of the above privately with "Estrella Stage" in the
        subject if you are interested in reserving stage time, along with
        preferred dates and times of performances if possible. Please
        forward this to other lists you think may be interested.

        Thank you,
        Daithi O Ceallachain
        sometime minstrel, poet, juggler, and random storyteller
        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.