Re: [SCA_BARDS] Thank you very much

  • cblackwill@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 6, 2000
      In a message dated 6/5/00 11:45:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      siggy@... writes:

      > Speaking of backup, I have just finished the initial draft of an excellent
      > filk
      > currently titled 'Balthazar, Royal Pain'... We should get in some practice
      > soon..

      This proves to be juicy...lyrics, please? Tune?

      Balthazar of Blackmoor

      Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?
    • Jross007@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 6, 2000
        In a message dated 06/06/2000 12:45:40 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
        siggy@... writes:

        > Speaking of backup, I have just finished the initial draft of an excellent
        > filk
        > currently titled 'Balthazar, Royal Pain'... We should get in some practice
        > soon..
        >
        > Sigmund Malovich

        Just be careful which Balthazaar you make the point of the song<G> :P

        Eoin Maclulich AKA Balthazaar Blackshadow of Bronzehelm
      • Sigmund Hewett
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 6, 2000
          On Tue, 06 Jun 2000, you wrote:
          > In a message dated 6/5/00 11:45:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
          > siggy@... writes:
          >
          > > Speaking of backup, I have just finished the initial draft of an excellent
          > > filk
          > > currently titled 'Balthazar, Royal Pain'... We should get in some practice
          > > soon..
          >
          > This proves to be juicy...lyrics, please? Tune?

          The tune you already know, King of Pain by the Police...
          Problem with this one was not what write, but what to put in...
          I wish I had the same problem with my other project,
          'One War by the Bare Naked Wenches'
          That one is coming along slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly

          Sigmund Malovich

          If all the world is a stage,
          where does the audience sit?
          siggy@...
          ICQ 68707552
        • OCeallachain@juno.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 7, 2000
            > On Tue, 06 Jun 2000, you wrote:
            > > In a message dated 6/5/00 11:45:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
            > > siggy@... writes:
            > >
            > > > Speaking of backup, I have just finished the initial draft of an
            > excellent
            > > > filk
            > > > currently titled 'Balthazar, Royal Pain'... We should get in
            > some practice
            > > > soon..
            > >
            > > This proves to be juicy...lyrics, please? Tune?
            > >
            > The tune you already know, King of Pain by the Police...
            > Problem with this one was not what write, but what to put in...
            > I wish I had the same problem with my other project,
            > 'One War by the Bare Naked Wenches'
            > That one is coming along slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly
            >
            > Sigmund Malovich

            Respectfully regret to inform you... a filk to that tune has already been
            done by one of the local bards here in Tir Ysgithr. Called 'Two Months'
            (referencing the time between winning crown and taking the thrones).
            Tonis von Driele is the
            (ir)responsible party. Not that you should stop; just thought you might
            like to know it's been done.

            The MSOB performs it at full speed, too...

            Shade and sweet water,
            Daithi O Ceallachain

            Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
            http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
          • Sigmund Hewett
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 7, 2000
              > Respectfully regret to inform you... a filk to that tune has already been
              > done by one of the local bards here in Tir Ysgithr. Called 'Two Months'
              > (referencing the time between winning crown and taking the thrones).
              > Tonis von Driele is the
              > (ir)responsible party. Not that you should stop; just thought you might
              > like to know it's been done.
              >
              > The MSOB performs it at full speed, too...

              I'll slog away at it in my spare time still.. I don't do all that many filks,
              and this one would be mainly for the general amusement of my household..
              I really only spend lasting time on my own songs, as filks (for me) either
              come in a flash, or they're what I call 'vampire ideas' (being they turn to
              dust by light of day)..
              Doing a song at that tempo isn't really that hard.. One of my staples I have
              to slow down, and even then when Blackrune learnt the words they did it at half
              tempo again.. The trick is to practice the phrases slowly and increase your
              speed until you can rattle them off like lightning, leaving others tripping
              over the words. To make matters worse I like writing songs that are
              deliberately hard to say, and then do nasty things like.... no chorus

              Why? No real reason, I just have a dark sense of humor, and watching a bunch of
              people whose tongues are already thick with the devil grog trip over words just
              tickles my funny bone :P

              Sigmund Malovich.

              If all the world is a stage,
              where does the audience sit?
              siggy@...
              ICQ 68707552
            • OCeallachain@juno.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 20, 2000
                > --- Lethann ingen Aeda <lethann@...> wrote:
                > > If you haven't already stumbled across this site, try Cantaria at
                > > http://www.chivalry.com/cantaria/index.html
                > >
                > > they also have various links there. ALso I know one of the more
                > poplar
                > > bards of the Society has his Black Book of Songs avaliable for
                > download
                > > and printing. I don't have the URL with me but I can post it.
                >
                > Also check out http://members.xoom.com/meridianbard/ - the
                > Meridian
                > Bardic College. On the resource page there are links to Cantaria,
                > the
                > Black Book of Locksley, and other sources.
                >
                > Cellach Cosnocht mac C��in, Rogue Herald
                > Barony of the South Downs, Meridies

                Direct link to the Black Book: http://members.tripod.com/~blackb00k/.

                For folk and traditional music, try http://www/mudcat.org - The Mudcat
                Cafe, home of the Digital Tradition database.

                Seppo J. Niemi is a Finn who's crazy about Ireland. He keeps a fair
                amount of Irish music at http://ameba.lpt.fi/~zaphod/irish.

                A lot of this material may not be period, but I point it out in case
                anyone enjoys these kinds of music.