Re: Beth Gelert - Wales Links Wealth List (Poss. Duplicate) For Anyreason!

  • jenny tavernier
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2004
      Hi Again - my computer did something wierd, so don't know if first got through - here it is again. Apologies if this double posts - Jen

      The Prince Edward Island Welsh Society re Music: email with questions to: rctuck@...

      Welsh Music/Radio/TV Links

      BBC Radio Wales - check out Howard Griffiths' Early Bird show <http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/radiowales/>

      Radio Cymru - in Welsh <http://www.bbc.co.uk/cymru/radiocymru>

      The Hidden Note...Uncovering the Music of Wales <http://www.celticcafe.com/THN/wales/wales.html>

      RadioAcen - Welsh Radio! <http://www.radioacen.fm/>

      Afan - Celtic music band <http://www.afanmusic.com>

      World Wide Wales TV <http://www.worldwidewales.tv/index2.php?mid=0>

      Wales Radio International <http://wri.cymru.net/>

      Wales - Land of Song <http://www.josef-bayer.de/landofsong>

      Welsh National Anthem <http://users.aber.ac.uk/dgc/anthem.html>

      Croeso i S4C Rhyngweithiol <http://www.s4c.co.uk/>

      Welsh Universities

      Welsh Universities

      University of Wales - Aberystwyth <http://www.aber.ac.uk/>

      University of Wales Institute Cardiff (UWIC) <http://www.aber.ac.uk/>

      Cardiff University <http://www.cf.ac.uk/>

      Welsh History Links

      Castell Henllys - The Iron Age Fort <http://www.castellhenllys.com/>

      The Quaker Heritage centre (where my ancestors left Wales for the New World!) <http://www.gwynedd.gov.uk/adrannau/addysg/amgueddfeydd/English/q_1.htm>

      "Celtica...Experience the world of the Celts" - Multimedia exhibition <http://www.celtica.wales.com>

      Britannia History of Wales <http://www.britannia.com/wales/whist.html>

      Wales: Travel, Culture, History, Language <http://www.britannia.com/celtic/wales/>

      Journey through mysterious Wales... <http://www.geocities.com/mysteriesofwales/index.html>

      Castle Wales <http://www.castlewales.com/home.html>

      Timeline of Welsh History <http://www.celticmist.freeserve.co.uk/tline.htm>

      The Mabinogian - Earliest ancient Welsh folk tales <http://www.cyberphile.co.uk/~taff/taffnet/mabinogion/fulltales/FullIndex.htm>

      Links to Welsh history <http://www.webmesh.co.uk/wales.htm>

      Glossary of Welsh place names <http://home.clara.net/wfha/wales/glossary/index.htm>

      General Medieval Welsh History <http://historymedren.about.com/cs/generalwales/>

      Welcome to the website of the National Library of Wales.

      The National Library is one of the great libraries of the world. Its home is in the seaside town of Aberystwyth in Ceredigion. Since 1911 it has enjoyed the right to collect, free of charge, a copy of every printed work published in Britain and Ireland. In addition we have a huge collection of works about Wales and the other Celtic countries: books and pamphlets, magazines and newspapers, microforms, ephemera, and a wealth of electronic material.

      The Library is not only a library. We have thousands of manuscripts and archives, pictures and photographs, maps, sound recordings and moving images, available for all adults to consult in the building.

      We also arrange exhibitions throughout the year, as well as lectures and other events. We welcome groups and individuals who wish to visit, and we are currently planning a new Visitor Centre, to be open in 2003. We publish books, magazines, posters and cards.

      It's not possible to reproduce on our website the experience of being in the Library. But you'll find here a wealth of information, practical, educational and just fun. For example:

      Andrew M.W. Green
      Librarian

      They have digital images of everything, and encourage asking the experts!

      Just search National Library of Wales

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      click here

      Do you Yahoo!?

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Anjuli/Ellen
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1 5:09 AM
        Ok, I got in late on the discussion because of a technical computer glitch. What song
        are we searching for?

        Anjuli