Child ballad archives

  • Dr. Shelley Rabinovitch
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 28, 2004
      Greetings all!

      I was given a magnificent gift while visiting Master Ioseph of Locksley in
      February, of 3 mp3 disks CRAMMED with Child ballads. I've been finishing a
      book manuscript with this in the background and it's filling up dozens and
      DOZENS of hours of time!

      It is a total mix of artists, from Steeleye Span to the Silly Sisters, from
      traditional english and scots singers, right up to Ian and Sylvia (1960s
      Canadian singers) and Joan Baez.

      If folks are interested in these, I will see what is involved in copying
      them for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. (Btw: it IS legal in Canada to do this!)

      Cheers!
      For better bardic'ing everywhere
      TSivia bas Tamara (Ealdormere)
    • Anna von Silvenhain
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 28, 2004
        I'd be interested,
        if we can get a copy somehow to Drachenwald.

        Anna
        Novice of the Minstrels Guild of Drachenwald

        --- "Dr. Shelley Rabinovitch" <tsivia@...> >
        > If folks are interested in these, I will see what is
        > involved in copying
        > them for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. (Btw: it IS
        > legal in Canada to do this!)

        =====
        Anna von Silvenhain
        Chatelaine
        Shire of Two Seas
        www.silvenhain.de.vu

        Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de
      • Randy Colby
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 28, 2004
          This sounds absolutely fascinating! I would certainly be interested
          in a copy. Please let me know if and when they will become avaliable.

          Colb'an the Lutemaker
          Pencerdd of Unser Hafen
          The Outlands

          --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Shelley Rabinovitch"
          <tsivia@u...> wrote:
          > Greetings all!
          >
          > I was given a magnificent gift while visiting Master Ioseph of
          Locksley in
          > February, of 3 mp3 disks CRAMMED with Child ballads. I've been
          finishing a
          > book manuscript with this in the background and it's filling up
          dozens and
          > DOZENS of hours of time!
          >
          > It is a total mix of artists, from Steeleye Span to the Silly
          Sisters, from
          > traditional english and scots singers, right up to Ian and Sylvia
          (1960s
          > Canadian singers) and Joan Baez.
          >
          > If folks are interested in these, I will see what is involved in
          copying
          > them for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. (Btw: it IS legal in Canada to
          do this!)

          > Cheers!
          > For better bardic'ing everywhere
          > TSivia bas Tamara (Ealdormere)
        • Finn
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 28, 2004
            Greetings,

            I would also be very interested in a copy as well. I am looking at
            doing more "child-oriented" performance work.

            YIS,
            Finn "The Fool" Folhare
            Shire of Heronter, Kingdom of AEthelmearc

            <tsivia@u...> wrote:
            > Greetings all!
            >
            > I was given a magnificent gift while visiting Master Ioseph of
            Locksley in
            > February, of 3 mp3 disks CRAMMED with Child ballads. I've been
            finishing a
            > book manuscript with this in the background and it's filling up
            dozens and
            > DOZENS of hours of time!
          • Steve Pierce
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 28, 2004
              At 09:17 AM 4/28/2004, you wrote:

              This sounds absolutely fascinating!  I would certainly be interested
              in a copy.  Please let me know if and when they will become avaliable.

              I'll add my request for a copy also.

              Just attended a brief seminar on how the Child Ballads have come down
              through the bluegrass tradition and some of the variations of these
              ballads.

              Be well,
              Stephen Greyhawkes
              Shire of Beau Fort
              Kingdom of Meridies
            • Kat Dyer
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 28, 2004
                Dr. Shelley Rabinovitch wrote:

                > If folks are interested in these, I will see what is involved in
                > copying them for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. (Btw: it IS legal in
                > Canada to do this!)

                ::waving hand furiously in air:: Me! Me! Me! I want to be educated!!

                Kat

                --
                Feeder of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Kitty Horde
                Official Bard & Evile Instigator of the Tunic Anti-Defamation League
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 28, 2004
                  Greetings,

                  I would also be interested in a copy.

                  Baroness Elayne

                  Ansteorra
                  Barony of The Eldern Hills

                  I was given a magnificent gift while visiting Master Ioseph of Locksley in
                  February, of 3 mp3 disks CRAMMED with Child ballads.  I've been finishing a
                  book manuscript with this in the background and it's filling up dozens and
                  DOZENS of hours of time!

                  It is a total mix of artists, from Steeleye Span to the Silly Sisters, from
                  traditional english and scots singers, right up to Ian and Sylvia (1960s
                  Canadian singers) and Joan Baez.

                  If folks are interested in these, I will see what is involved in copying
                  them for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. (Btw: it IS legal in Canada to do this!)

                  Cheers!
                  For better bardic'ing everywhere
                  TSivia bas Tamara (Ealdormere)

                    Subscribe:    SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com

                • Thaddaeus A. Vick
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 28, 2004
                    > Greetings all!
                    >
                    > I was given a magnificent gift while visiting Master Ioseph of
                    > Locksley in February, of 3 mp3 disks CRAMMED with Child ballads.
                    > I've been finishing a book manuscript with this in the background
                    > and it's filling up dozens and DOZENS of hours of time!
                    >
                    > It is a total mix of artists, from Steeleye Span to the Silly
                    > Sisters, from traditional english and scots singers, right up to
                    > Ian and Sylvia (1960s Canadian singers) and Joan Baez.
                    >
                    > If folks are interested in these, I will see what is involved in
                    > copying them for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. (Btw: it IS legal in
                    > Canada to do this!)

                    Add my name to the "interested" list too. I need more period
                    (or close) stuff in my repertoire. Leslie Fish and Heather
                    Alexander are good, but I keep having this little nagging voice in
                    the back of my head saying, "Isn't this supposed to be a *historical*
                    organization?"

                    Incidentally, I don't know if I've introduced myself on this
                    list. I am Cellach Cosnocht mac Cuain, the bard of House Brokenheart.
                    I live in the barony of the South Downs, Meridies (mka Atlanta, GA).

                    =====
                    Thaddaeus A. Vick, Linguist to the Masses Email: ThaddaeusV@...
                    depends on the unreasonable man."
                    -><- George Bernard Shaw -><-

                  • Christin Sciulli
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 29, 2004
                      I'd love a copy! Lemme know how and when to get blank cd's to you.

                      ~Ca/era, BMDL

                      <tsivia@u...> wrote:
                      > Greetings all!
                      >
                      > I was given a magnificent gift while visiting Master Ioseph of
                      Locksley in
                      > February, of 3 mp3 disks CRAMMED with Child ballads. I've been
                      finishing a
                      > book manuscript with this in the background and it's filling up
                      dozens and
                      > DOZENS of hours of time!
                      >
                      > It is a total mix of artists, from Steeleye Span to the Silly
                      Sisters, from
                      > traditional english and scots singers, right up to Ian and Sylvia
                      (1960s
                      > Canadian singers) and Joan Baez.
                      >
                      > If folks are interested in these, I will see what is involved in
                      copying
                      > them for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. (Btw: it IS legal in Canada to
                      do this!)

                      > Cheers!
                      > For better bardic'ing everywhere
                      > TSivia bas Tamara (Ealdormere)
                    • J Higgins
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 29, 2004
                        Greetings,

                        I am brand new to this list. My name is Mellilah bint Yasar. I am recently moved to Trimaris (southwest Florida) and would be greatly interested in this recording if it's open to all. Forgive me if I jumped on the bandwagon out of turn.

                        Mellilah

                        <tsivia@u...> wrote:
                        > Greetings all!
                        >
                        > I was given a magnificent gift while visiting Master Ioseph of
                        Locksley in
                        > February, of 3 mp3 disks CRAMMED with Child ballads.  I've been
                        finishing a
                        > book manuscript with this in the background and it's filling up
                        dozens and
                        > DOZENS of hours of time!
                        >
                        > It is a total mix of artists, from Steeleye Span to the Silly
                        Sisters, from
                        > traditional english and scots singers, right up to Ian and Sylvia
                        (1960s
                        > Canadian singers) and Joan Baez.
                        >
                        > If folks are interested in these, I will see what is involved in
                        copying
                        > them for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. (Btw: it IS legal in Canada to
                        do this!)

                        > Cheers!
                        > For better bardic'ing everywhere
                        > TSivia bas Tamara (Ealdormere)

                          Subscribe:    SCA_BARDS-subscribe@egroups.com

                      • Melissa Kelly
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 29, 2004
                          Lady Tsivia,
                          I would also love to have such pieces. Brymstonne College of Atenveldt (Arizona) could stand to have more bardic activities!!!!! How do I get a copy and is there a charge?

                          Viola

                          "Dr. Shelley Rabinovitch" <tsivia@...> wrote:
                          Greetings all!

                          I was given a magnificent gift while visiting Master Ioseph of Locksley in
                          February, of 3 mp3 disks CRAMMED with Child ballads.  I've been finishing a
                          book manuscript with this in the background and it's filling up dozens and
                          DOZENS of hours of time!

                          It is a total mix of artists, from Steeleye Span to the Silly Sisters, from
                          traditional english and scots singers, right up to Ian and Sylvia (1960s
                          Canadian singers) and Joan Baez.

                          If folks are interested in these, I will see what is involved in copying
                          them for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. (Btw: it IS legal in Canada to do this!)

                          Cheers!
                          For better bardic'ing everywhere
                          TSivia bas Tamara (Ealdormere)

                          Do you Yahoo!?
                        • Brad Boda d'Aylward
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 30, 2004
                            Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,

                            (sorry. I'm OK now)

                            Please add me to the list and I will finally need to go out and purchase an
                            MP3 player.

                            Brad

                            >Greetings all!
                            >
                            >I was given a magnificent gift while visiting Master Ioseph of Locksley in
                            >February, of 3 mp3 disks CRAMMED with Child ballads. I've been finishing a
                            >book manuscript with this in the background and it's filling up dozens and
                            >DOZENS of hours of time!
                            >
                            >It is a total mix of artists, from Steeleye Span to the Silly Sisters, from
                            >traditional english and scots singers, right up to Ian and Sylvia (1960s
                            >Canadian singers) and Joan Baez.
                            >
                            >If folks are interested in these, I will see what is involved in copying
                            >them for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. (Btw: it IS legal in Canada to do
                            this!)

                            >Cheers!
                            >For better bardic'ing everywhere
                            >TSivia bas Tamara (Ealdormere)

                          • Michael B. Greenstein
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 30, 2004
                              [Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,]

                              It sounds like you are looking for some Gilbert and Sullivan instead of
                              Childe ballads! 8-)

                              - Michael
                            • Brad Boda d'Aylward
                              Message 14 of 14 , May 3, 2004
                                Now. Mind the rules of engagement. I'd have need to call that one, 'Low"
                                8P>

                                Brad

                                Subject: Re: [SCA_BARDS] Child ballad archives