RE: [SCA_BARDS] Kingdom Songs

  • Brenna Lyons
    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 4, 2004
      Message

      Chiming in late but I have to agree with the lady's assessment of Fair Lady.
      Bren
      Atlantia has many songs and I think the one most people think of as an anthem is " Fair Lady Atlantia" . I think it is written by Efenwealt Whistle.   I have it on tape.  I could send you a copy.  I am creating an Atlantia tape with kingdom songs.  If you send me your address I'll make you a copy.

    • sunshinegirl
      Message 2 of 29 , Apr 11, 2004
        From: "Stephen R. Melvin" <Rathflaed@...>

        MERIDIES

        by Rathflaed DuNoir
        The Black Bard of Meridies

        It is a lovely song, and not sung in Meridies nearly as much as it should be
        (so, when you gonna move back???) Probably the closest thing Meridies has
        to an anthem is Proud Southern Warriers.

        Although if Rathflaed can share his Meridian song, so can I!

        Melandra

        For Meridies
        Written at Pennsic XXXI
        Melandra of the Woods

        Come now, we call you, come join with our band.
        Let us tell you the joys of our marvelous land.
        Let me tell you the wonders that you may pursue
        with comrades that are courteous, loyal and true.

        Come now, we call you, come join with our band.
        Let us tell you the joys of our marvelous land.
        For the ladies are fair, they are joyous and bright;
        They shine like the stars on a soft southern night.

        Come now, we call you, come join with our band.
        Let us tell you the joys of our marvelous land.
        For our fighters are strong and they never will yield;
        So you better beware when they march to the field.

        Come now, we call you, come join with our band.
        Let us tell you the joys of our marvelous land.
        For our artisans shower us with works that are grand.
        We have the best craftsmen in all the known land.

        Come now, we call you, come join with our band.
        Let us tell you the joys of our marvelous land.
        For service is dear, it is close to our hearts,
        and caring for others is first in our thoughts.

        Come now, we call you, come join with our band.
        Let us tell you the joys of our marvelous land.
        With Roses and Stars on the Black and the White,
        We sing of the glory of our Kingdom's light.
      • Stephen R. Melvin