The Call of the Bodice

  • Marc Gunn
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2003
      Call of the Bodice
      October 30, 2003

      Not too long ago at faire, some joked about 'the call of the
      bodice'. It was too darn funny not to turn it into a nice
      foreboding poem about the dangers of bodices.

      by Marc Gunn

      Through thunder and storms,
      They brave the weather,
      Barely breathing
      And ensnared by leather.

      A trap is laid
      Of leather and of lace
      All mens eyes are drawn to...
      The Call of the Bodice!

      There's no hope for the man
      Whether sober or pissed
      When he sees her eyes
      His choice is bliss

      The supple roundness
      Of breasts to taste
      He can't help but succumb to...
      The Call of the Bodice!

      And no man can help
      But shake away a tear
      When he sees her shelf
      Hold and drink a beer.

      For this is the barrier
      That he longs to undress
      The dreams of men who hear...
      The Call of the Bodice!

      Now men take heed
      When she glances your way
      Her eyes (above the mouth)
      Will help you through the day

      If you can divine their color
      Then you're free to regress
      When your eyes finally yield to...
      The Call of the Bodice!

      Bard Marc Gunn of the Brobdingnagian Bards
      http://thebards.net/nagians/free_sticker --> Real Men Wear Kilts

      http://www.thebards.net <--like Barenaked Ladies in
      Renaissance
      http://www.marcgunn.com <--songs of Ireland, Scotland, &
      LOTR
      love poetry, ren faire photos, tabby cats, & celtic mp3s
    • Kat Dyer
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 30, 2003
        Marc Gunn wrote:

        > Call of the Bodice
        > October 30, 2003

        Ah, but have you set it to music yet?

        Kat
        --

        Féach! Is crann ard álainn é sinn!
        The light's green!
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2003
          That, my friend, was beautiful.  I am, as I type, attempting to find a simple tune that will enhance your wonderful words.

        • Melissa Kelly
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 31, 2003
            Ah me. Gentlemen and their fantasies. Well done, though. If it's put to some tune I might not mind hearing it more often.

            Viola

            Marc Gunn <marc@...> wrote:
[...]

            "Whoever has good material for a story is grieved if the tale is not well told." Marie de France

            Do you Yahoo!?