Call for Patrons and Teachers - Bardic Madness South

  • Cerian Cantwr
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2003
      Greetings,

      As you've hopefully heard by now, Bardic Madness South will be coming
      up in just under three months (Nov 22nd, Kalamazoo, MI). We are
      currently looking for additional teachers and challenge patrons.
      While we've got several volunteers already, there's room for more.

      Teachers: We are interested in putting together classes on a wide
      range
      of subjects related to the bardic arts. Past years have seen classes
      that were theoretical (song writing, harmonizing, beginning
      storytelling), practical (improv games, vocal warm-ups), or historical
      (role of the bard in society, Shakespearean songs). What can we come
      up with for this year? If you've got an idea for a class you'd like
      to teach, please contact the provost.

      Patrons: Each challenge will have a patron. The patron acts as the
      host for their challenge - calling each participant forward to answer
      the challenge, then thanking them with some token once they're done.
      Tokens can, and have been, just about anything; buttons, rings,
      brownies, and so forth. For those interested in being a patron, but
      who find the thought of calling people forward an uncomfortable one,
      alternative arrangements can be made. Note that if you find a
      particular performance moving, you don't have to be the patron in
      order to give that person a thank you. This is a good thing to do
      anytime, not just at Bardic Madness. If you're interested in being
      a patron for any of the challenges, please contact the provost.

      How do you contact the provost? Glad you asked. The provost
      (that would be me) can be reached at cerian@.... Further
      information about challenges, directions, feast, and so forth can
      be found at the event's website http://12.100.136.197/bms5 We hope
      to see you there.

      Cerian Cantwr - Provost, Bardic Madness South
      cerian@...
      630-887-8514

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com