Re: [SCA_BARDS] Digest Number 610

  • Susan Koziel
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2003
      This one?

      I'll Lay Ye Doon Love
      ----------------------
      I'll lay ye doon love I'll treat ye decent
      C G Am C D
      I'll lay ye doon, love, fill your can -
      I'll lay ye doon, love, I'll treat ye decent
      C G Am D G
      for sure-ly he is an hon-est man

      As I walked oot on a simmer evening
      Doon by the water and the pleasent sand,
      And as I was walking, sure I could hear them talking,
      Saying surely he is an honest man.

      I hae traivelled faur frae Inverey
      Aye and as faur as Edinburgh toon,
      But it's I must gae, love, and travel further,
      And when I return I will lay ye doon.

      I maun leave ye noo, love, but I'll return
      Tae ye my love, and I'll tak' your hand,
      Then no more I'll roam frae ye my love,
      No more tae walk on the foreign sand.

      -Kataryna

      --- SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > http://www.egroups.com/community/SCA_BARDS

      > There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Song Help
      > From: "Finn Folhare"
      > <finnthefool@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:44:58 -0000
      > From: "Finn Folhare" <finnthefool@...>
      > Subject: Song Help
      >
      > Greetings all,
      >
      > This Pennsic, I heard a song sung by a bard from
      > Ealdomere which I
      > believe was entitled "I'll Lay You Down, Love".
      >
      > I have found it in very obscure websites. Can
      > anyone on this list
      > identify the song as well as provide the chords for
      > it?
      >
      > Many thanks for any help!
      >
      > In service,
      > Finn Folhare
      > Kingdom of Aethelmearc

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Finn Folhare
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2003
        YES!! Thank you so much! I have heard the tune performed twice, and
        while I can play the guitar, I am still a ways off from being able
        to "pick the chords out of the air". I thought I saw the performer
        play it in "G" but I wasn't sure.

        Again my utmost thanks - now.....off to learn it!

        In service,
        Finn

        --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, Susan Koziel