Hey Landesknecht

  • Johnathan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
      Greetings!
      I'm looking for music and lyrics to a song "Hey
      Landesknecht". It was written by Master Gerhard von
      Nordflamen for a West-Caid War back in 1979 or 80. Any
      information would be great.
      Thanks-
      John
    • Evelyn Alden
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
        --- Johnathan <jeisolomon@...> wrote:
        > Greetings!
        > I'm looking for music and lyrics to a song "Hey
        > Landesknecht". It was written by Master Gerhard von
        > Nordflamen for a West-Caid War back in 1979 or 80.
        > Any
        > information would be great.
        > Thanks-
        > John

        http://www.angelfire.com/ks/tomes2/CalontirSongs/landsknecht.htm

        Hey Landsknecht
        Words and Music: Gerhardt von Nordflammen
        Source: Elf Hill Times Songbook

        I am a son of the Swabian soil,
        Born where life is but peace and toil.
        Village, mother, gentle wife: I loved them all,
        Until one day in spring when I heard this call:

        Hey Landsknecht, hey Landsknecht,
        Leben ist nicht aber krieg und schreck.
        Hey Landsknecht, hey Landsknecht,
        Leben ist nict aber krieg und schreck.

        That morning I was ploughing well content with life
        When a black voice came a-calling on the winds of
        strife
        I left my home behind me and I went to war
        Leaving peace and joy behind forever more.

        Chorus

        O God have mercy on a Landsknecht like me
        For I am such that even Christ would turn and flee
        I now delight in nothing save for war and death
        And all good people curse me with their dying breath.

        Chorus

        As I stand in the midst of the bloody fight
        I know I am cut off from God's pure light
        No church, no home, no loved ones, naught but remorse
        Oh curse the day I set out on my evil course.

        Chorus

        Between the bloody battles I just lay and drink
        With an ugly whore beside me full of worms and stink
        My misery is great, but greater still my shame
        For my mother now just spits when she hears my name.

        Chorus

        Take heed, brave youth, if you come within our sight
        Swaggering about in our colors bright
        'Tis only the show of deception's slaves
        Following the devil to the open grave.

        Chorus

        http://calendar.yahoo.com
      • Jross007@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
                       Well, that was fast. Maybe someone here can help me.
                 I am looking for the words to a song I heard a year or two ago,
                 I was thinking it was called " The Walls of Jerusalem "
                 The Refrain was something like this:
                 " I'll have a horse, a white andalue stallion,
                 I'll have a blade if that fine Spanish steel,
                 I'll have a hauberk<?>...."

                 It goes on and on.
                 A Beautiful and haunting tune.

                 Any help would be appreciated.

                 Thanks in advance,
                 Lord Eoin Maclulich

        • Evelyn Alden
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
            --- Jross007@... wrote:
            > Well, that was fast. Maybe someone here
            > can help me.
            > I am looking for the words to a song I heard
            > a year or two ago,
            > I was thinking it was called " The Walls of
            > Jerusalem "
            > The Refrain was something like this:
            > " I'll have a horse, a white andalue
            > stallion,

            http://www.angelfire.com/ks/tomes2/CalontirSongs/riteofpassage.htm

            Rite of Passage by Conn McNeill

            http://calendar.yahoo.com
          • Etienne
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
              Actually the song is called Rite of Passage" by Duke
              Conn MacNeill.
              I have attached the doc file that I cleaned up and it
              also contains the link for the midi file for the
              music

              Etienne
              (settling in the Outlands)

              Rite of Passage
              Words & Music: Conn MacNeill
              Source:

              In Hyberia born to a father full worthy
              Who died fighting Normans with a sword in his hand.
              My schooling was then taken up by my uncle
              A pirate more clever than the scholars of France.
              He said,
              I've seen a horse, a fine Andalus stallion,
              I've seen a blade of the good Spanish steel
              I've seen a bonnet of Rhineland gilt iron,
              And a cunning wrought hauberk from over the sea
              I've seen them all, I've seen them all-a-all.
              I've seen them all in my travels at sea.
              Now my eyes met the knights as we boarded his vessel
              My rusty blade sundered by his first blow at me
              As I bore him to the deck my wound burned like fire
              But not quite as brightly as the things in my dreams.
              I said,
              I'll have a horse, a fine Andalus stallion,
              I'll have a blade of the good Spanish steel
              I'll have a bonnet of Rhineland gilt iron,
              And a cunning wrought hauberk from over the sea.
              I'll have them all, I'll have them all-a-all,
              I'll have them all with the ransom for thee.
              The ransom by law, well it went to my uncle
              A tunic and dagger were all he gave me
              I drank the French wine as the knights spoke of
              tourney
              And the fine things and glories that waited for me.
              Saying,
              I'll have a horse, a fine Andalus stallion,
              I'll have a blade of the good Spanish steel
              I'll have a bonnet of Rhineland gilt iron,
              And a cunning wrought hauberk from over the sea.
              You'll have them all, You'll have them all-a-all,
              You'll have them all if you come back with me.

              So I went with the knight for my heart was a lions'
              But I had no skill with the horse or the lance
              Through the pain and the shame of my training I
              chanted
              My head hit the ground, or I stumbled at dance.
              Saying,
              I'll have a horse, a fine Andalus stallion,
              I'll have a blade of the good Spanish steel
              I'll have a bonnet of Rhineland gilt iron,
              And a cunning wrought hauberk from over the sea.
              I'll have them all, I'll have them all-a-all,
              I'll have them all when I've mastered these deeds.
              The tournament field held both demons and angels
              Men well scarred and ruthless And ladies full fair
              My horse and my armour were much cause for laughter
              But I laughed right back when I saw the knights there
              For
              One sat a horse a fine Andalus stallion,
              One girt a blade of the good Spanish steel,
              Another donned a bonnet of Rhineland gilt iron,
              And a cunning wrought hauberk from over the sea
              I'll have them all, I'll have them all-a-all,
              I'll have them all when I've won them from ye
              Now the knights in the meadow they numbered 500
              But midst that death's throng I saw clearly but three
              The first one still carries my lance in his shoulder
              The second and third lie well bitten by steel
              Now,
              I'll have a horse, a fine Andalus stallion,
              I'll have a blade of the good Spanish steel
              I'll have a bonnet of Rhineland gilt iron,
              And a cunning wrought hauberk from over the sea.
              I have them all, I have them all-a-all,
              I have them all and now all shall know me
              The ladies in the evening they looked on me frowning
              Saying "Any wild beast can do the deeds that we've
              seen"
              So I danced in the galliard and lilted a chanson
              Now all the knights grow quite jealous of me

              For,
              I'll have a horse, a fine Andalus stallion,
              I'll have a blade of the good Spanish steel
              I'll have a bonnet of Rhineland gilt iron,
              And a cunning wrought hauberk from over the sea.
              I have them all, I have them all-a-all,
              I have them all, all the ladies I mean
              By torchlight we hearkened to tales of armed pilgrims
              Who told us of wonders in the lands to the east
              Where a butler through merit became Prince of Jaffa
              I cried out "My lords brave a passage for me."
              For,
              I'll have a horse, a fine Andalus stallion,
              I'll have a blade of the good Spanish steel
              I'll have a bonnet of Rhineland gilt iron,
              And a cunning wrought hauberk from over the sea.
              I have it all, I have it all-a-all,
              I'll have it all, all the lands there for me
              My hauberk has warded a dozen barbed arrows
              My stallion with hoofs shod in iron fells three
              The blow of an emir is turned on my bonnet
              My blade swift as lightening flies straight at his
              teeth
              And,
              I'll have a horse, a fine Andalus stallion,
              I'll have a blade of the good Spanish steel
              I'll have a bonnet of Rhineland gilt iron,
              And a cunning wrought hauberk from over the sea.
              I have them all, I have them all-a-all,
              I have them all, all his lands left to me
              My fief on the marches looks east on Damascus
              A holding fit only for the fierce and the bold
              And I need strong vassals with hearts like a lion's
              To help me bring back what the caravans hold.

              And,
              You'll have a horse, a fine Andalus stallion
              You'll have a blade of the good Spanish steel
              You'll have a bonnet of Rhineland gilt iron
              And a cunning wrought hauberk from over the sea.
              You'll have them all, You'll have them all-a-all
              You'll have them all, all the spoils of the east

              http://calendar.yahoo.com