How long...?

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2003
      Greetings Milords and Miladies,
      As I am just embarking into the Dream, I have a question
      for the bards.

      I have read plenty of the comments on how long a song should
      be (especially during formal bardic circles), but how about a
      story? Some of the old tales run VERY long.
      So in my timing and practice, should I try to keep them in
      5 minutes vignittes (spellin') or is it expected that some of
      them take a bit longer?

      Thanks for your comments in advance.

      Alan (Aleyn)
      "May the roof above us never fall in, and may we friends gathered
      below never fall out."
    • KaziBrionSCA
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2003
        Would you believe that we just went over this in some detail about two months back?  I will forward you the post from that discussion off-list.

        Where do you hale from, btw?  I am a storyteller from Aethelmearc, mundanely Pittsburgh, PA.

        YIS,

        Brion Enkazi

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 7, 2003
          I have your offlist post and thanks.

          As for your question, I hail from Atlantia, Barony of Ponte Alto.
          (Mundanely Alexandria, VA).

          Aleyn

          --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, "KaziBrionSCA" <KaziBrionSCA@w...>
          wrote:
          > Would you believe that we just went over this in some detail about two
          > months back? I will forward you the post from that discussion off-list.
          >
          > Where do you hale from, btw? I am a storyteller from Aethelmearc,
          mundanely
          > Pittsburgh, PA.
          >
          > YIS,
          >
          > Brion Enkazi

        • Stephen Melvin
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 7, 2003
            AFPOPA. - :)

            -Rathflaed DuNoir
            The Black Bard of Meridies, MSoB
            http://www.chivalry.com/blackbard

            >From: "Alan" <itchysama@...>
            >To: SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [SCA_BARDS] Re: How long...?
            >Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 13:08:00 -0000
            >
            >I have your offlist post and thanks.
            >
            >As for your question, I hail from Atlantia, Barony of Ponte Alto.
            >(Mundanely Alexandria, VA).
            >
            >Aleyn
            >
            >--- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, "KaziBrionSCA" <KaziBrionSCA@w...>
            >wrote:
            > > Would you believe that we just went over this in some detail about two
            > > months back? I will forward you the post from that discussion off-list.
            > >
            > > Where do you hale from, btw? I am a storyteller from Aethelmearc,
            >mundanely
            > > Pittsburgh, PA.
            > >
            > > YIS,
            > >
            > > Brion Enkazi

          • Susanna Rodriguez
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 9, 2003
              My experience is that if you go over 5 minutes you'd better be riveting
              or you'll loose even a receptive audience.

              Elsa

              http://taxes.yahoo.com/