of interest to those attending Birka

  • r_c_macfrode <r_c_macfrode@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2003
      Ok folks we here in Stonemarche (that's in the Eastkingdom. New
      Hampshire in Mundanian) Are hosting "a Market day at Birka" once
      again. This has become the largest one day event in the Eastkingdom
      and I wanted to let you guys know about a few of the festivities that
      I am involved with that you may be interested in.

      Unto all Bards who read this I send greetings, and an
      invitation/challenge to join our first ever Birka Bardic
      Coffeehouse! Our most gracious Autocrat has set aside space and time
      for us to display our skills and talents to the populace. (11am-2pm
      in the dining area) Do not let this opportunity pass us by! Come
      uphold the honor of the Bardic arts with your songs, stories, poems,
      instrumental talents, juggling, magic, and even PUPPETS! We have
      even been given permission to put out the hat so that the populace
      may show their appreciation of our talents. As time and space are
      limited (it will be scheduled in 5 min. increments with a max of
      20min) it is highly recommended that you reserve space ahead of time,
      the schedule is already filling up so reply soon. To pre-register
      contact, well, er... Me. r_c_macfrode@y...

      You are all cordially invited to attend the Birka Ball! Come show
      off your most graceful moves, your most lavish Garb, and those
      wonderful accessories you just bought at Birka and can't wait to show
      off!! But especially come be entertained by Stonemarche's own live
      music group "Sir Robin's Minstrels"! We're kinda proud of having our
      own minstrel group so come give us the chance to show them off. The
      Birka Ball will start at 8:00 PM. and end when people get tired or
      they throw us out. (that would be 12:00 PM. pumpkin time.) If you
      are staying the night in the hotel why not get as much SCAdian
      ambiance for your entrance fee as you can? And if this isn't enough
      to tempt the timid to trip the night fantastic, there's more! We
      will be having a dessert buffet prepared by Lady Cathy peacock, and
      just to let you in on a Stonemarche secret, that means it's GOOD
      EATIN'! Also, if you are worried about not knowing the dances, we
      will be having classes during the day (theoretically 2:30 PM. to 4:00
      PM. SCAdian time). Below is a list of Dances we know will be
      taught/danced at the Birka Ball others may be available depending
      upon interest and teaching staff. If you have any questions or are
      interested in helping teach a dance that "Just has to be danced"
      please contact me at: r_c_macfrode@y...

      Pease Bransle
      Montard
      Tangle Bransle
      Bransle Official
      Carolingian Pavane
      Horses Bransle
      Gathering Pease Cods
      Maltese Bransle
      Hole in the Wall
      Jenny Pluck Pears
      Rufty Tufty
      Gae Gordon
    • wodeford <wodeford@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 20, 2003
        --- In SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com, "r_c_macfrode <r_c_macfrode@y...>"
        <r_c_macfrode@y...> wrote:
        > Unto all Bards who read this I send greetings, and an
        > invitation/challenge to join our first ever Birka Bardic
        > Coffeehouse!

        Oh dear. Is not a coughing house where one confines those afflicted
        with plague? Charity is all well and good, but perhaps those who seek
        to cheer the inmates would do well to stand outside their windows
        rather than breathe the ill humours of a coughing house.

        Cheers,
        Jehanne de Wodeford