Viking Story

  • June A Swinford
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2002
      Friends,

      Just wanted to let you know.  I attended Viking Winterfinding yesterday, and my Mistress BACKED OUT of reading the story at feast.  She said either I read it, or it wasn't getting read.  Since I had promised, guess what?  I read it.

      It was very well received.  I knew it was a success when one girl sprayed Coke out her nose.  Everybody laughed, even in places I hadn't anticipated more than a smile or a snicker; must have been the Canadian rye that was making the rounds.  After the performance, her Royal Majesty gave me a hug and said it was the funniest thing she'd heard in ages.  His Royal Majesty kissed my hand, and agreed.

      I was glad I did it.  I would have been gladder if Anne had read it -- I didn't get to watch people's faces as much as I would have liked -- but all in all, it was a positive experience.  I still see myself as a writer rather than a bard, BUT, I would not be averse to doing it again.

      Oh, by the way, The next installment?  Watch out, Michael!  You're the villain in it!  I couldn't back down, after I promised Brion.

      Cecilia