Need recorder music for 11yr. old

  • Sassy (mundane)
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2002
      Greetings,

      I am in need of period recorder and penny whistle sheet music for my
      11 year old daughter. She plays the clarinet and recorder and wants
      to learn period music. Her recorder is a soprano and I just bought
      her a penny whistle, in the C note. (not sure if I said that right,
      sorry)

      I know absolutely nothing about music, let alone period music other
      than listening to talented bards share with others. So my need is
      advise on appropriate music and titles for an 11 year old to learn.
      She is still a beginner, but very talented with woodwind
      instruments. Any help is greatly appreciated.

      Thank you all for sharing your wonderful talents with others and
      helping to make our society even more authentic.

      Gracye of Guthrie
      (Principality of Cynagua)
    • Shivaun McGoff
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2002
        "Sassy (mundane)" wrote:

        > I am in need of period recorder and penny whistle sheet music for my 11
        > year old daughter. She plays the clarinet and recorder and wants to learn
        > period music. Her recorder is a soprano and I just bought her a penny
        > whistle, in the C note. (not sure if I said that right, sorry)

        Try this: http://crab.rutgers.edu/~pbutler/music/music.html

        It's period dance music, very good arrangements by a friend of mine.

        -S.