Story-telling

  • Marina Thonus
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2002
      The easiest way to get a quickie repertoire is to make
      up stories based on and of:

      * Myths and folklore
      * Shakespeare plays
      * Some of the more personal and amusing stories about
      historical figures, and if they're slightly obscure
      and lead to giving an education, so much the better.

      I tend to tell the story about the Grand Empress Olga
      (my namesake) who was a great example of why you don't
      want to cross a Russian woman.

      Good places to start: Online, do a search for any
      era/culture you're looking for and keep a gimlet eye
      out for "folklore" types of words.

      Maybe, though, we should all start putting our stories
      into files on this site? I'm game...

      Yours in Service
      Marina Olganova of Thamesreach

      http://uk.my.yahoo.com