War time

  • snowy_owl30
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 9, 2002
      Sigh, Seems like everyone's gone to war. And I so wanted to see
      Garread's Laureling. snif.

      Too bad my muse has gone with them. Anyone keeping the home fires
      have any recommendations on refreshing your motivation/enthusiasm to
      write songs?

      Cainnear (home alone)
      Trinovantia, Ealdormere
    • wodeford
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 9, 2002
        --- In SCA_BARDS@y..., "snowy_owl30" <kellyatwork32@h...> wrote:
        > Too bad my muse has gone with them. Anyone keeping the home fires
        > have any recommendations on refreshing your motivation/enthusiasm
        > write songs?

        Hmm, am in mid-moving throes again and haven't had a free minute to
        play, however, we did catch "Songcatcher" again on cable last night.
        While OOP, this marvelous turn of the century story about a
        musicologist who encounters the musical traditions of Appalachia is a
        must for anyone who loves traditional ballads and is interested in
        oral traditions. I know for a fact it's available on video.

        Back to packing,
        Jehanne de Wodeford (West)
      • William Bryant
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 9, 2002
          > --- In SCA_BARDS@y..., "snowy_owl30"
          > <kellyatwork32@h...> wrote:
          > > Too bad my muse has gone with them.�
          > Anyone keeping the home fires
          > > have any recommendations on refreshing
          > your motivation/enthusiasm
          > > write songs?

          Hmm, that is an intresting question and while I am normally fairly silent on
          this list I think that this is a question that is worth answers.... and yet I
          have none! *LOL*
          I'm really not sure how I get my inspiration going. Most of my stories come
          from experiences and they just come to me. My regular non-sca poems usually
          come when i'm depressed. Inspiration can be a rather finicky thing. Last week
          at Clinton War I actually had the inspiration to write a new story called 'The
          Bard's Single Tear' but when I layed down in my tent to write it all I could
          get was the title. I tried like 5 different beginnings but nothing seemed
          right so I scraped it and put it on the backburner for now.
          So, in a nutshell.... Inspiration is a finicky thing. I can't really say that
          I get to control my inspiration and have a way to keep it burning whenever I
          want, it just kind of hits me when it wants to. Apparently the muses only like
          to come to me on his off nights. *smile*

          ~Faol
        • harpzombie@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 10, 2002
            ..."I'm off with the Raggle Taggle Gypsies'O"......

            http://community.webtv.net/harpzombie/SEASQUIRT
            ..::Always Make Merry Magick::..
            Lady Rhubarb and The Pooka
            =^..^=
          • harpzombie@webtv.net

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 12, 2002
                  --- In SCA_BARDS@y..., harpzombie@w... wrote:
                  > The throes of mid movement have stolen my muse...
                  > ye ho and rub a dub doo
                  >
                  > If you should find it, please send me a clue...
                  > ye ho and rub a dub doo
                  >
                  > Boxes and boxes and boxes some more
                  > Covered in papercuts, suley and sore!
                  >
                  > If I do survive this mark these words please,
                  > Never will I move again, No never move me!

                  A pile of clothes in one corner,
                  A heap of armor just there,
                  I feel like a funeral mourner
                  Though I started the day without care.

                  Boxes make the walls of my castle,
                  Friendly books I hear whisper therein,
                  Though noble, I feel low as a vassel,
                  Why the H*@!! am I moving again?!!

                  Written this evening in sympathy for your state of moving chaos...

                  Catrine of Skye ;>)
                • wodeford
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 13, 2002
                    --- In SCA_BARDS@y..., "catrine888" <Catrine_of_Skye@h...> wrote:
                    > A pile of clothes in one corner,
                    > A heap of armor just there,
                    > I feel like a funeral mourner
                    > Though I started the day without care.
                    >
                    > Boxes make the walls of my castle,
                    > Friendly books I hear whisper therein,
                    > Though noble, I feel low as a vassel,
                    > Why the H*@!! am I moving again?!!
                    >
                    > Written this evening in sympathy for your state of moving chaos...
                    Thank you. We expect to be in our new home this weekend.

                    When August's furnace heat doth bleach the turf,
                    And other folk seek solace in the surf,
                    Our wagons laden high with coffers full
                    Roll ever onward as our horses pull
                    Our household goods to crossroads farther west
                    'Neath Devil's Mountain there at last to rest.
                    Though destiny and fortune doth behoove,
                    God save me and my lord from one more move!

                    While we will be living in a complex called Crossroads at the foot of
                    Mount Diablo, rest assured I do not intend to trade my soul for
                    guitar lessons. ;->

                    Cheers,
                    Jehanne de Wodeford (West)